Live from Oasis – whole lot of shakin’ going on!

Aprille

Okay, maybe not a WHOLE lot but we can definitely feel the motion of the ocean and have since we left Nassau early yesterday afternoon (nearly 24 hours ago).

In Captain Teo’s noon announcement he said winds have been in the 35-45 knot range or up to 50mph. Around 2:00am this morning, hubby and I turned on the bridge info TV channel (because we were rocking and rolling so much) and it said 58 knot winds at that time which would be closer to 70mph but I’m guessing the bridge info TV channel is as inaccurate as it’s ever been. LOL! The captain also said 5 meter swells or up to 17 feet.

Having been in 20 foot swells on Radiance in the Gulf of Alaska, I’m surprised at the amount of movement we feel on Oasis with 17 foot swells. But we didn’t experience the “high” seas on Radiance for nearly this extended period of time. We’re also in a CLS so being aft with the bed on deck 18 may make a difference too.

The high winds are also delaying our arrival in St Thomas tomorrow by an hour or a little longer but we will be departing an hour later to make up the time. Captain Teo said we can expect these weather conditions until overnight sometime and then it should calm down.

Other than that, we’re having a great time on Oasis (our second cruise on her and this is the first week of a back-to-back for us). Also our first cruise as Diamond Plus and we got upgraded 3 categories on this first leg from a JS to a CLS so first time in a “real” suite. SWEET (pun intended)!!! Only downside being we have to move back to a JS next week which is going to be a big, fat bummer after this GORGEOUS CLS!

I’ve posted some pictures to my FB page of the suite and made the album public so I think this should work, if anyone is interested:

Photos of CSL 1746

Loving Ricardo as Concierge. We had him on Independence a couple of years ago. He’s a sweetheart. He said they did 18 upgrades on this cruise but next week is completely booked. Darn! I was going to find out how much it would cost to keep this awesome CLS for next week too. Hubby was relieved as he didn’t want to spend the extra cash. LOL!

If you have any questions, ask away. I’ll try to check back in but internet access is spotty, as usual. But we’ll be here until the 17th so I’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.

We had some rocking on the Allure, and the seas weren't bad at all. I kind of hope I'm in a storm some day! :p

You sound like my hubby. He always *hopes* for rough seas. :D

Me? Not so much... :o Thankfully I've never been seasick on a cruise. *knocks wood*

Hi Cruise Buddies,

So happy for you guys and that lovely upgrade to a Crown Loft Suite!

We had high seas this past week on Navigator headed to St. Maarten so it must be a trend. I had to take a Bonine for the first time ever but I was really happy that it worked.

Hopefully things will calm down. Enjoy and thanks for the Christmas card...I always enjoy them.

Deb (and Bill)

Headed to PC Saturday for a Freedom cruise..aft JS 1706 :)

Thanks, all, for the replies. So glad to have the nice upgraded cabin as I spent most of the day in it yesterday. LOL! Seas finally did calm down but it was overnight before that happened. Even our waiter and head waiter were talking about how rough the seas were during breakfast shifts yesterday and overnight the night before in their crew cabins on deck 0 forward. Our head waiter even showed us a package of Bonine he had in his pocket just in case. ;)

We were only about 30 minutes late getting into St Thomas this morning but we're still getting an extra hour before departure this evening.

Hi, Deb! Enjoy your cruise on Freedom next week. I just checked the itinerary and while I see we'll share 3 ports, we'll be there on different days. Bummer! We'll have to try and plan that better next time! :cool:

Aprille,

I was wondering if you could take a picture of the menu and/or food cases in Park Cafe? We all know about roast beef sandwiches, but some members of my family are partial to roast beef, so it will be nice to know about alternatives.

Thanks for the pictures of the suite, it looks great!

Hi Aprille. I am looking forward to joining you next week in our JS.

I had been wondering if there might be an upgrade in our future. Too bad it's sold out.

The JS will be great though.

I had an email from a friend on Eclipse, who is doing the Eastern itinerary this week.

he was also saying that there was alot of rocking and rolling happening.

See you next week.

Aprille,

I was wondering if you could take a picture of the menu and/or food cases in Park Cafe? We all know about roast beef sandwiches, but some members of my family are partial to roast beef, so it will be nice to know about alternatives.

Thanks for the pictures of the suite, it looks great!

Park Cafe has a lot of other food options. It was one of my favorite places to eat! I never ate there for dinner but for lunch they also have grilled cheese, quesadillas, egg salad sandwich, Cuban panini and a salad station.

I didn't eat there for breakfast until disembarkation morning but I found the breakfast sandwich I had to be extremely good!

Archived