Eurodam Laundry???

wheatley

Does anyone know if there are laundry facilities for passengers to use on the Eurodam? We are considering a 28 day cruise and I can't see any laundry rooms marked on the deck plans. Could be a problem!!!

There are no self-service laundry facilities on the Eurodam. HAL does offer dry cleaning, pressing, and laundry service for a fee.

Call Ship Services at 1-800-541-1576 to get a price for the unlimited laundry package for your cruise.

There is also the "laundry by the bag" -- stuff as much as you can into the provided laundry bag for a certain price. It has been ranging anywhere from $25 - $30 per bag. Again you can ask Ship Services for the price of this option for your cruise.

But don't be surprised if you get on the ship and find the prices higher. HAL has been raising prices on several things the last few months.

Your other options when traveling the Signature Class ships would be:

1.) Wash things in your bathroom and hang dry (we did this on Nieuw Amsterdam) as they provide a clothes line in the bathroom

2.) In your pre-cruise planning - check out the ports of call board for laundry options in each port. You're likely to find some! We did our laundry in Rome pre cruise this year (X) and didn't have to worry about washing anything though we were on a much shorter intinerary.

If you do send out the ship washes and dries in very HOT temps so don't send anything out that you fear would be ruined by high temps.

Have a great cruise!

My sister and I bought the unlimited package for $49 for the two of us. We sent out practically every day. Keep in mind that if you choose just to pay for a bag of laundry for x dollars, the bags are VERY small. She and I could each easily fill a bag a day if we each wore two sets of clothes per day, adding in underwear and socks as well. After a day or two we just asked for two bags to be brought every day. You can also get an unlimited pressing package and an unlimited dry cleaning package. The dry cleaning package could include laundry with it, I don't recall. I know some people have posted on this site that if you buy the the laundry package to skip the ironing package because when they launder they also press. But in my experience, if they did press after washing they certainly did a crappy job of ironing. We usually get a deluxe verandah suite that includes both laundry and dry cleaning.

We just got off a 17-day cruise on the Ryndam. I really debated spending the money on the unlimited laundry service but decided, with the airline suitcase limits, I should. It was the best perk of my cruise! Really! It cost $7 per day per cabin. I sent a bag every day plus maybe 4 or 5 extra bags. Here was the break-down in laundry costs:

Self-serve, $2 wash $1 dry, self serve was closed 15 of our 17 days due to the GI illness on-board.

By the bag, $20, for as much as you can squeeze into the bag. The bags are pretty small.

By the piece, varies, I priced out an average bag full and it was around $40-50.

We never waited more than 12 hours for our laundry to be returned and sent our last bag Friday night with disembarkation Sunday morning.

I planned on doing my delicate in the self-serve laundry because I was worried about the "hot" water warnings I had heard on theses boards. When the self-serve closed due to the Noro virus, I just sent them all to the laundry also and had no problem. Everything came back very nice.

For as long of a trip as you have planned, it will make things so much nicer for you. The big plus was putting away clean clothes when I unpacked at home and not doing mountains of laundry.

Look at it this way; You will be paying $11.50 per day for the "Hotel Service Charge". Making it $18.50 per day gets all your laundry done for you too.

Is this unlimited laundry package an option to book after the cruise is confirmed?

I am planning a 14 days Caribbean Collector Cruise and unlimited laundry would be a great option especially since I will be traveling with my 10 year old son.

When I called HAL pre-cruise to try to book the cooking class and the unlimited laundry, I was told that it had to be ordered on-board. A flyer was waiting in our room explaining the unlimited laundry package and how to order it. I didn't see any other laundry "deals" advertised during the cruise. The $20 per bag "deal" was a regular daily option on the laundry sheet you fill out and send with your filled bag.

When I called HAL pre-cruise to try to book the cooking class and the unlimited laundry, I was told that it had to be ordered on-board. A flyer was waiting in our room explaining the unlimited laundry package and how to order it. I didn't see any other laundry "deals" advertised during the cruise. The $20 per bag "deal" was a regular daily option on the laundry sheet you fill out and send with your filled bag.

Thank you!

Archived