Cabin "Guarantee"

cruiser02

We have a guarantee SY cabin on a 14 January cruise. From your experience when could we expect to receive our cabin #

Thank you

You can expect to see your cabin number anywhere from the 1st of january to the 13th!

We are sailing on the Ryndam on the 18th and recieved ours 12 days ahead of time!

Happy Cruising! :D

Our cruise for January 2nd has been sold out for over a week. Wondering why guarantee assignments can't be assigned.
They probably still need to wait until closer to the sailing date to get a handle on how many people are cancelling, and which confirmed cabins are being cancelled, before they can complete the process. Overbooking situations can't get closed out until there are enough cancellations - even if sometimes the cruise line has to make some people cancel (by making offers that they can't rationally refuse).

Our cruise for January 2nd has been sold out for over a week. Wondering why guarantee assignments can't be assigned.
First they have to take care of the cruises before yours. We were once on a cruise that was sold out for months, and got our assignment the usual 10 days out.

Hope you don't mind me tagging on here.

Talked to Regent Seven Seas rep today about reserving a September '12 cruise for my parents. She said she can only guarantee a cabin (there are three left). Is that a good idea or am I likely to get a bad location for them?

Also, is there a good website that I can use to determine which cabins are taken?

They probably still need to wait until closer to the sailing date to get a handle on how many people are cancelling, and which confirmed cabins are being cancelled, before they can complete the process. Overbooking situations can't get closed out until there are enough cancellations - even if sometimes the cruise line has to make some people cancel (by making offers that they can't rationally refuse).

We are on a Jan 2nd sailing as well, out of FLL to Western Caribbean, we got our assignment last week. I don't think there is any rhyme or reason to the way they assign cabins. jmho

Hope you don't mind me tagging on here.

Talked to Regent Seven Seas rep today about reserving a September '12 cruise for my parents. She said she can only guarantee a cabin (there are three left). Is that a good idea or am I likely to get a bad location for them?

Also, is there a good website that I can use to determine which cabins are taken?

What you can do is go to the Cruiseline's own website, and PRETEND to put in a booking. You will be able to determine which cabins are left in the category you are looking at. You don't need to put any payment information or anything. But I suggest using the Cruiseline's own site not an online travel company.

What you can do is go to the Cruiseline's own website, and PRETEND to put in a booking. You will be able to determine which cabins are left in the category you are looking at. You don't need to put any payment information or anything. But I suggest using the Cruiseline's own site not an online travel company.

Thanks so much. I figured it out and realize why there's a guarantee in their cabin class.

And now my mom says it's too much money anyway....so sorry about that because they would really like to go.

Archived