Question Not Seen

scapino

Here's a question I really haven't seen. Is there any (I doubt it) type of reading light(s) on the balconeys, so you can read at night?? Any ideas of what you can bring with you if the answer (which it prob is) no??

Some ships and some balconies have lights. But they are so bright that they disturb your neighbors. I would bring one of those small lights that clip onto a book. Or else bring an iPad, nook or Kindle and you can read in the dark.

Here's a question I really haven't seen. Is there any (I doubt it) type of reading light(s) on the balconeys, so you can read at night?? Any ideas of what you can bring with you if the answer (which it prob is) no??

I have a book light that clips onto my book--I use it all the time at home to read in bed when DH is asleep. I always take it when I cruise too. This is the one I have from Barnes and Noble:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/mighty-bright-blue-xtraflex-led-booklight/17998338?ean=9781891747014&itm=1&usri=book+light

It would be helpful if you posted which ship, but my belief is no. I know there wasn't a light on the Equinox. Pitch black out there.

If you have an ereader you can get a case with that pull out light. ;-) Else, travel flashlight.

Sorry, Silouette

Some ships and some balconies have lights. But they are so bright that they disturb your neighbors. I would bring one of those small lights that clip onto a book. Or else bring an iPad, nook or Kindle and you can read in the dark.

For your info - you can't read a Kindle in the dark. It has no light source.

Solstice class ships do not have lights on their balconies....You can buy a little light that attaches to a book or a kindle. Wife and I both have them for our kindles and they work fine...

For your info - you can't read a Kindle in the dark. It has no light source.

Yes you can. I read my Kindle in bed all the time, long after my husband's turned out the light. He gave me this for my birthday and it works great! http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Lighted-Leather-Cover-Keyboard/dp/B003DZ165W/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1323480545&sr=1-1

Yes you can. I read my Kindle in bed all the time, long after my husband's turned out the light. He gave me this for my birthday and it works great! http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Lighted-Leather-Cover-Keyboard/dp/B003DZ165W/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1323480545&sr=1-1
My wife has a Kindle and that is the leather cover she has/uses as well. I have a Nook and found a Nook app for my Droid phone. I read from my Droid when I'm in bed and my Nook all other times. Every time I've read from one, I update the other one to make sure the novels/pages stay in sync.

Tim

Yep. That will do it Bob. The 25ft cord should reach the power socket with no problem. Put a 100w bulb in that thing and all you neighbors can read on their balconies as well.

I just love 'low-tech' solutions.....:p

Just one caveat....those on the starboard cabins, put a green liner inside the reflector; those on portside, put a red liner; those in the stern cabins, do neither. The Captain will appreciate that......:D

I love mine too! It's worth the extra money for that cover. You don't even know the light is there unless you pull it out!

Archived