Cruising while pregnant?

juniper627

My husband & I are taking our 4 and 1/2 year old & 22 month old on a Disney Cruise - along with my in-laws. I will be around 20 weeks pregnant at the time of sailing. We are doing Disney World for the 1st three days & then a 5-night Disney cruise. I would love any tips, info, knowledge you have on traveling while pregnant. Thank you kindly!

Have you looked at the family cruising boards here on C.C. ?? You might get a lot of tips and advice over there.

Have a wonderful trip, it sounds like you'll need the cruise to relax after so many days at the park.

Thank you so much - I posted there as well. I am welcoming any feedback I get :-) Really really looking forward to this trip!

My husband & I are taking our 4 and 1/2 year old & 22 month old on a Disney Cruise - along with my in-laws. I will be around 20 weeks pregnant at the time of sailing. We are doing Disney World for the 1st three days & then a 5-night Disney cruise. I would love any tips, info, knowledge you have on traveling while pregnant. Thank you kindly!

I see you've cruised before, so might already be aware of this. Be sure you have your dates correct, you may not have entered your 24th week of pregnancy on or before your embarkation date for the cruise. If you have, they won't let you board the ship.

:)

I see you've cruised before, so might already be aware of this. Be sure you have your dates correct, you may not have entered your 24th week of pregnancy on or before your embarkation date for the cruise. If you have, they won't let you board the ship.

:)

No worries there! We timed it according to the cruise :)

I was 20 weeks last year on our cruise... had fun with the husband but it was rough! I had a hard time with the heat in the Bahamas in May so we planned beach days so I could cool off often. Bring antacids!!!!! the odd food kicked off my heartburn and I was miserable!!!!! Other than the heat and the heartburn I didn't see anything different! The fact that you've cruised before you know if you react to the motion or not, if not I doubt it will be any different this time (I didn't notice it). my recommendation if you already esperience heartburn with pregnancy would be to pick up prilosec (sp?) take it first thing in the am each day and you won't have to worry about a thing that stuff is a life saver! I was lucky and didn't get the swollen legs and ankles but my hands would swell if we walked alot that day(some say the added salt in the food doesn't help this) so may not want to wear your rings if you plan to walk alot in port.

• 2 weeks later...

i was 12 weeks pregnant when i went on a cruise. I enjoyed every second of it. I was with my then 1 year old and 5 year old as well as 4 other cabins filled to the brim with family. I remember eating alot, napping alot.. crying alot (seeing my babies and all my in laws in the blue carribean - in fact i still cant believe how blue the skies n water were for this cruise when i look at my pictures) my senses were super heightened in a good way.. I also took it easy.. no crazy excursions. just take advantage of the programs on board for the kids. make time for some naps in a cozy corner on deck.. plan for a pregnancy massage.. (which i fell asleep right after and the crew let me nap for an hour after the massage lol in the room). have with you any pregnancy safe meds you may need for tummy issues, headaches or pains and sleep (I had a real bad issue with sleeping toward the END of my pregnancy). i hope this helps!:D

Prilosec isn't for heartburn, it actually treats acid reflux which is a similar but different condition. Prilosec needs to be taken in two week or longer regimens to be effective.

Zantac on the other hand can be taken as needed for heartburn (up to a certain number of tablets a day) and is effective when taken on a prophylactic basis during times when you expect a change in diet will cause heartburn.

Two different medications for two different conditions. I would speak to your OB about your concerns prior to taking either, especially Prilosec.

• 1 month later...

I cruised on the Majic 7 day with my 1 1/2 and 4 year old when I was about 22 weeks. The only thing I noticed was that I got more tired - sometimes my husband took our 4 year old to things like the fireworks while the one year old and I went to bed early. I was also extremely jealous of the cocktails, so indulge in the virgin drinks! (By the way, it was a girl, so I should really change my log in name "momoflittleboys!")

• 3 weeks later...

Archived