7 ships on one day in Cozumel?

bluesea4me

We were just down there in October and there were 5. Once being the RCCL Oasis which is really like 2 ships (lol). We go across the island to a place called Chen Rio and swim and it never gets crowded there but at the bars and restaurants along the main shopping area were crowded.

We were there on a Friday last month and there were 7 ships. 6 docked and one of the NCL ships tendered. There were still lots of taxis and no lack of tequila. Cozumel could have (and sometimes does) handle more.

It's hard to find a Western Caribbean cruise that doesn't stop there. Personally I could take or leave Cozumel - been there a zillion times.

We were in Coz last with six ships in port. We booked Nachi Cocum. Nachi limits guests to 100 (or 110). No crowds there!! Enjoy your day no matter what you end up choosing to do!!

Hey Bob how you doing we are leaving for our B2B tomorrow out of Miami. I can't tell you home much I enjoyed the cabin crawl. thanks for doing that.

I am a little worried that 7 ships are in port. Around 24K people.....how crowded will it be? Have you ever experienced this many ships at this port?

Is that all? Wait until you are there with 12. Cozumel is too big to feel much of an impact, especially since you are on CCL and they dock away from town at their own little carnival village.

The one time I went to Nachi there were only about 20 people there...is it still okay with 110? Or is it crowded? Were those who went on busier days able to get umbrellas still?

When I was there the service was SPECTACULAR!

Nachi Cocom is truly a wonderful place in all the ways that really matter. Beautiful beach, awesome service, relaxing, killer food and plentiful beverages. We've been to NC five times and honestly I don't think there has ever been more than 40-50 people max. I would guess that it would feel much the same with 100.

We were in St. Maarten with seven ships and it wasn't too bad at all. I've been in Cozumel with eight ships and if any port can handle it, they can. Nachi Cocum had about sixty people but we forgot about the one hour difference and got there before it was open. They welcomed us with open arms and we had a truly great day. I can't recommend them highly enough. They have the best guacamole I've ever tasted.

Nachi Cocom is truly a wonderful place in all the ways that really matter. Beautiful beach, awesome service, relaxing, killer food and plentiful beverages. We've been to NC five times and honestly I don't think there has ever been more than 40-50 people max. I would guess that it would feel much the same with 100.

I will be a Nachi on Jan. 7th. I have been really looking forward to it but you just made me REALLY REALLY want to be there NOW!!!

A few cruises back when we visited Cozumel there were at least 7 ships in port. It looked like the cruise ship were attacking this small island. The place was crowded, but not over whemling. We went to PI and then to C&C. The latter was insanely busy but we had a few drinks and overall a good time. Don't Worry.

Archived