7 ships on one day in Cozumel?

bluesea4me

I was just there with 8 ships, over Thanksgiving, so you know they were all full. I was afraid to get off the ship. But I booked a snorkel tour with Eagle Ray Divers. It was our group of 6 and a family of 3, along with the boat captain and dive master. We stopped at 3 reefs and the Money Bar for lunch. It was a fantastic day away from the crowds.

But we then noticed the crowds when we tried to get back on Mariner, in the same security line as Allure. That was a nightmare, but the rest of the day was absolutely perfect!

Thank you for the wonderful responses everyone, thank you. :D

We were considering playa mia deluxe beach break for April, but the cost!

Here is why I am. We are traveling with DSS 20, DSSG 19, DS 17, and DD 13. Maybe 1-2 people in our group of six may drink.

Some want to attempt to snorkel and clear water. Some want a relaxing day. Another wants to horseback ride, while a couple others wouldn't mind all of the fun amenities such as paddle boats, kayaks, climbing water toys, etc.

Help! thank you!

I cant agree. We love Coz and would rather book a Western Caribbean cruise over an Eastern Caribbean cruise any day:)

Bill

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

I agree!!! I love Cozumel.

We were there on a Friday last month and there were 7 ships. 6 docked and one of the NCL ships tendered. There were still lots of taxis and no lack of tequila. Cozumel could have (and sometimes does) handle more.

It's hard to find a Western Caribbean cruise that doesn't stop there. Personally I could take or leave Cozumel - been there a zillion times.

I was there the same day. The only thing I noticed was a line for a taxi, but nothing new in Cozumel.

The one time I went to Nachi there were only about 20 people there...is it still okay with 110? Or is it crowded? Were those who went on busier days able to get umbrellas still?

When I was there the service was SPECTACULAR!

It was pretty busy when we went in November. I think we counted about 80. It did not seem crowded at all. We got chairs, umbrellas, great food, drinks and service.

We will be there in March on a Friday with 7 ships as well. The 8 of us have already booked Nachi.;):D

I, like others fully believe if anywhere can handle that many. Its Cozumel.

My husband, my son (10 yo) and I will be on Mariner OTS the same week you are cruising and stopping in at Nachi on the same Friday as you :) I'm excited to try the food and experience the place I hear such great things about!

We were in Cozumel with 7 ships and though there were lots of people, it didn't ruin our good time at all. They can handle lots of people given all the piers they have.

One ship was tendering..... I think maybe Ryndam, the smallest of all the ships in that day.

Thank you for the wonderful responses everyone, thank you. :D

We were considering playa mia deluxe beach break for April, but the cost!

Here is why I am. We are traveling with DSS 20, DSSG 19, DS 17, and DD 13. Maybe 1-2 people in our group of six may drink.

Some want to attempt to snorkel and clear water. Some want a relaxing day. Another wants to horseback ride, while a couple others wouldn't mind all of the fun amenities such as paddle boats, kayaks, climbing water toys, etc.

Help! thank you!

You are not going to find all of that in one location - you'll either need to compromise or split up to different locations/tours.

Paradise Beach will come closest - not all inclusive, so you will not be paying for others to drink. They have water toys, etc. plus a nice pool and changing facilities. For good snorkeling you'll need to go somewhere else or take a tour - same thing for horseback riding. Good luck! :)

I keep hearing about people getting confused about the time in Cozumel. I thought that ships adjust their times to the ports that they arrive in. Are people just forgetting to set their watches?

The ship NEVER changes time. You do not ever have to change your watch. Ship time is the same as the port you embarked on.

HAL ships change time with new time zones. We changed our clocks back one hour and then regained it on our way home.

Nieuw Amsterdam.....

There is no reason for confusion. Time is clearly shown on the gangway when you get off. It is announced on speaker system when announcement of arrival and ship being cleared is made. If you are in doubt and want to verify for your peace of mind, call the front office. They will give you the time the ship's time. Wear your watch.

Nachi shares this beach with 3 hotels + cruise passengers. They say they have a limite...they sure did not when we went there. It took 25 minutes to get a drink, no chairs, full pool....we left after that.

Are you sure you were at Nachi? Everyone else seems to have a different opion then you on this. I'm going next month and everything I read was completely different then from what you are saying.

Nachi shares this beach with 3 hotels + cruise passengers. They say they have a limite...they sure did not when we went there. It took 25 minutes to get a drink, no chairs, full pool....we left after that.

Not a hotel within 1/2 mile minimum at Nachi. That's south and I don't remember anything visible north at all. I've been there with 4 ships in port and they were never more than 1/2 full.

Archived