Future cruise deposit

Ricky Chan

Can someone tell me if there is any incentive to book future cruise or put down deposit for undecided future cruise on board?

Also am I right to assume that each passenger will get $250.00 off the price for opting out hotel package?

We will sail on Regretta next June.

Thanks.

Ricky

I am not sure if you mean just pay a Future cruise deposit but not for a specific cruise like some other lines do or if you mean you will book a specific cruise while onboard :confused:

I do not think Oceania has the 1st option

You can book onboard for a specific future cruise with the 5% discount

I am not sure they still offer the "free" hotel option

Lyn

When we were on Regatta in August, we were told that if we wanted to get the discount for a cruise that was not yet listed, we would have to book any random listed cruise. Then, when the cruise we wanted was listed, the deposit could be moved over and we would still get the discount. Seemed like extra paper work to me; O should consider offering future cruise vouchers.

Harriet

I am not sure if you mean just pay a Future cruise deposit but not for a specific cruise like some other lines do or if you mean you will book a specific cruise while onboard :confused:

I do not think Oceania has the 1st option

You can book onboard for a specific future cruise with the 5% discount

I am not sure they still offer the "free" hotel option

Lyn

Lyn:

Thanks. I meant both scenario. It looks like one has to book a specific cruise in the future to get the discount. That is too bad because my next cruise with Oceania won't happen until Sept., 2014 which I don't think it will be open for booking in June, 2014.

I plan to take "Lands of Time" cruise in Sept/Oct, 2014. May be I can try.

Ricky

When we were on Regatta in August, we were told that if we wanted to get the discount for a cruise that was not yet listed, we would have to book any random listed cruise. Then, when the cruise we wanted was listed, the deposit could be moved over and we would still get the discount. Seemed like extra paper work to me; O should consider offering future cruise vouchers.

Harriet

Harriet:

That works fine with me. Do you think it will work if I book 2013 "Lands of Time" first, then move over to 2014 when it is open for booking? That way I will get the 5% discount.

Wondering how much is required for future cruise deposit.

Ricky

When you book a cruise onboard you usually get 5% off the price. The opt out of the hotel package is $250/person. enjoy your trip in June.

Eddmel:

Thank you. I will use the $500.00 to book a hotel at South Beach for two nights pre-cruise. (which I have done).

Since this is our first cruise with Oceania, can you shed some light as what can we expect from this cruise line, especially this particular ship (Regatta). I know Oceania is classified as "premium plus" line, but this is the first time that we sail on such a small ship of 30,000 tons, really don't know what to expect.

Ricky

Lyn:

Thanks. I meant both scenario. It looks like one has to book a specific cruise in the future to get the discount. That is too bad because my next cruise with Oceania won't happen until Sept., 2014 which I don't think it will be open for booking in June, 2014.

I plan to take "Lands of Time" cruise in Sept/Oct, 2014. May be I can try.

Ricky

They will probably be out sooner than that

Possibly March 2012

The cruise are usually posted 18+ months ahead March & Aug

I would ask the Future cruise person onboard what is the best way to secure the cruise you want if it is offered

Enjoy you cruise

You will be spoiled

Lyn

They will probably be out sooner than that

Possibly March 2012

The cruise are usually posted 18+ months ahead March & Aug

I would ask the Future cruise person onboard what is the best way to secure the cruise you want if it is offered

Enjoy you cruise

You will be spoiled

Lyn

Lyn:

Fully 2 1/2 yrs. before sailing?

Ricky

Lyn:

Ricky

OOPS sorry about that

I was distracted when replying :o

I would check in early 2013 then but they may not do the same route that you are looking at

Lyn

Lyn:

Ricky

Unless you're booking the Owners Suite on one of those 65 day Grand Voyages, that have me so intrigued,

map-lg-MNA130407C.jpg

I hardly think that the 5% discount is worth tying up your money for 2.5 years AND having to transfer the credit to TWO dummy cruises before the cruise that you are interested in (if it is still offered) comes online.

-->In case you're interested, the above cruise sails in April of '13 and that Owners Suite would set you back 53k+ per person, but you cannot book it

because everything above a Penthouse is already waitlisted. :eek:

Recession? What Recession?:confused:

Unless you're booking the Owners Suite on one of those 65 day Grand Voyages, that have me so intrigued,

map-lg-MNA130407C.jpg

I hardly think that the 5% discount is worth tying up your money for 2.5 years AND having to transfer the credit to TWO dummy cruises before the cruise that you are interested in (if it is still offered) comes online.

-->In case you're interested, the above cruise sails in April of '13 and that Owners Suite would set you back 53k+ per person, but you cannot book it

because everything above a Penthouse is already waitlisted. :eek:

Recession? What Recession?:confused:

I will cruise it if I win the lottery :D

Harriet:

That works fine with me. Do you think it will work if I book 2013 "Lands of Time" first, then move over to 2014 when it is open for booking? That way I will get the 5% discount.

Wondering how much is required for future cruise deposit.

Ricky

Yes it will work and you only have to put $500 per person down now when you book on board..

Jancruz1

We were just on the TA and were pleasantly surprised when booking a future cruise, the deposit was $1,000 rather than the usual $1,500. That plus the 5% back when booking onboard was great.

You mean $1,000.00 for two passengers?

I really don't have an answer for an exact amount for cost of voucher but had the impression from discussion with Piers that each voucher was equal to down payment for booking but not for any particular cruise. They could be applied to a cruise at any time during 2yrs from date of purchase and would carry the onboard booking discount.

Bill

I really don't have an answer for an exact amount for cost of voucher but had the impression from discussion with Piers that each voucher was equal to down payment for booking but not for any particular cruise. They could be applied to a cruise at any time during 2yrs from date of purchase and would carry the onboard booking discount.

Bill

Thanks

lyn

Hi Just off the Marina and they are now selling future cruise vouchers that are valid for 2 years and fully refundable up to expiary date.

Bill

FYI:

$750pp for vouchers ("Future Cruise Deposit" certificate) good for two years. Discount is 5%.

$500pp if you book a specific sail date/category. Suites are a deposit of 10%. Discount ranges from 5% to 10%.

Jancruz1

Archived