Suite Amenities Princess vs Holland

nschamp

Having sailed on many Princess Cruises, always in full suites, I'd like to ask if Holland has anything to compare with MDR Menu's for room services or is the room service menu the same ship wide. Another question, is there a separate venue for suite passengers for breakfast open throughout the trip.

Are there any other items I should consider? I understand Wifi is not complimentary.

HAL's room service menu is quite extensive for all. Hot and cold room service breakfast includes just about most things you could think of. If you order for delivery during Main Dining Room breakfast service time, you can write in almost anything and it will be delivered.

Those in category "S, SA, SB, SC and PS", may have their breakfast in the alternative restaurant, Pinnacle. It's lovely and a wonderful way to start the day.

If you are unaware of Neptune Lounge and concierge service, which is available for the above listed category cabins, you may wish to read on the HAL site about it or here on CC. It's a wonderful amenity attaching to Suites.

Having sailed on many Princess Cruises, always in full suites, I'd like to ask if Holland has anything to compare with MDR Menu's for room services or is the room service menu the same ship wide. Another question, is there a separate venue for suite passengers for breakfast open throughout the trip.

Are there any other items I should consider? I understand Wifi is not complimentary.

Along with regular room service, you can also order off the dining room menu in the evening. if you would like course by course dining, chat with your concierge and she/her can arrange it if it something that you like.

Laundry, pressing & drycleaning are all free which is very nice.

The Neptune lounge has a fantastic coffee maker and offers continental breakfast in the morning, lunch munchies and mid afternoon, different hors' d'hoeuvres and snacks.

The concierge basically takes care of all of your needs - whether it be a restaurant reservation, questions, etc.

You can also have hors d'hoeuvres delivered to your room daily if you are so inclined.

The rooms themselves are very spacious - makes it easy to entertain.

hope this helps a bit

On Princess in the suites we used to get the first bar set-up in the cabin for free. You will not have that on HAL. You pay for everything from the mini-bar.

All cabins have the same breakfast menu - which is quite extensive.

The Neptune Lounge is open from 7 AM until 8 or 8:30 PM -- depends on the ship. Continental breakfast is availabe there from 7 AM till about 10:30 or 11 AM. They have orange juice, cranberry juice, ice water, hot tea (lots of choices of tea bags), and a coffee machine where you can get reg or decaf coffee as well as expresso, latte or capaccino. There are meats, cheeses, fresh cut up fruits, musselix, cold cereals, pastries, rolls, sometimes donuts. Most ships have a toaster for bread, bagels and English muffins. From 11 AM until about 4:30 - 5 PM there are tea sandwiches and small wraps, desserts, cookies, chocolate candies, pound cake. Around 4:30 - 5 PM cold appetizers are put out alonf with crudites.

Sailed Princess three times, HAL once.

I will preface this with saying any cruise is a good cruise.

I find the HAL suite experience FAR superior to Princess (unless this has changed substantially from 3 or so years back).

Sure, Princess provides a (IMHO) modest bar set up, that was pretty much the only thing which "up-sells" it from HAL. If you are a wine drinker (I am) that's not much of an upsell, as HAL lets me bring as many wine bottles onboard as I wish.

Princess had no concierge lounge, HAL has the wonderful Neptune Lounge on most ships.

HAL just offers substantially more than Princess if my experience from a few years back on Princess is the comparison.

Archived