Cruise "Sold Out", But We Need a Cabin! What Can We Do??

bride91501

Our family is sailing on the Jewel leaving from NYC this Saturday, Dec 17 (:eek:). We have 2 cabins booked- a mini suite guarantee with 4 people, and a OK category, OV cabin with 2 people.

So, what's the problem?

My dad calls me this morning to tell me he forgot to tell me to add my sister and my great-aunt to the OV cabin :confused:. I've called our TA, and she said NCL has closed out 3rd and 4th person bookings, so there's no way to add them to the OV cabin. And NCL, my TA, and the other big name agencies I've looked up are all showing sold-out.

We HAVE to get get them on this ship. We just have to. What can I do??

Our family is sailing on the Jewel leaving from NYC this Saturday, Dec 17 (:eek:). We have 2 cabins booked- a mini suite guarantee with 4 people, and a OK category, OV cabin with 2 people.

So, what's the problem?

My dad calls me this morning to tell me he forgot to tell me to add my sister and my great-aunt to the OV cabin :confused:. I've called our TA, and she said NCL has closed out 3rd and 4th person bookings, so there's no way to add them to the OV cabin. And NCL, my TA, and the other big name agencies I've looked up are all showing sold-out.

Your first two posts are both emergencies due to lack of planning. Only the cruise line or you can solve your problem.

How long ago did you book this?

You should have found out this when the final payment was due, which was months ago.

Didn't anyone look at the invoice?

I would call NCL direct and see if anything comes up, but you are going to pay $$$$ for even an inside cabin if they have any.

Before making the final payment, I always check the names(spelling errors), birthdays, passport #, cabin #, exact cruise dates. I do it twice...

In the past I have seen NCL pull cruises off line for various reasons, as the departure date approaches, only to have them reappear...

If NCL pulls a cruise off line then other websites will do the same so you wont be able to find it online...

Try calling NCL directly. You might have to create a new booking for the additional passengers.

Good Luck

So, what's the problem?

I'd keep trying in case a cancellation comes up and you can get a cabin or permission for two more in the one you have. I've been told that space is sometimes not available because the ship is filled to the capacity of the life boats and the law won't allow them to add more passengers even though there might be space in a particular cabin.

So, what's the problem?

Wow, this sucks but I don't see a solution unless someone cancels at the last minute.

I am confused. You are booked on this cruise 12/17, but your other post says you are looking for a cruise to take your three children between 12/19 and 12/27. Don't these overlap ?? The solution would be to see if you can give up your cabin on this cruise and book the other one with your children.

Also -- I found the 12/17 cruise available on a TA's website. I can't mention the name here, but a search of the Jewel for 12/17 should give it to you if you are serious.

12/17/11 7-night Bahamas & Florida Cruise

Roundtrip New York Norwegian Cruise Line®

Norwegian Jewel 7 $399 562314

I am confused. You are booked on this cruise 12/17, but your other post says you are looking for a cruise to take your three children between 12/19 and 12/27. Don't these overlap ?? The solution would be to see if you can give up your cabin on this cruise and book the other one with your children.

Also -- I found the 12/17 cruise available on a TA's website. I can't mention the name here, but a search of the Jewel for 12/17 should give it to you if you are serious.

OP edited the date on her cruise when she posted. Says this Saturday so I think it is the 17th. I found some cabins on a couple of sites but when you try to take it to the next level, said they were not available.

I am confused. You are booked on this cruise 12/17, but your other post says you are looking for a cruise to take your three children between 12/19 and 12/27. Don't these overlap ??

At first glance these might appear to overlap...

However, if you look at the OP's post about the cruise between 12/19 and 12/27 you will see that it was from 2009. I would think that the 2 year time difference would negate any concerns on overlapping.

At first glance these might appear to overlap...

However, if you look at the OP's post about the cruise between 12/19 and 12/27 you will see that it was from 2009. I would think that the 2 year time difference would negate any concerns on overlapping.

Good catch 999 -- I didn't see that !!

I can understand how you & your dad may feel bad about this, but didn't your sister and great-aunt think at anytime that they would be expected to put down a deposit & then be required a final payment? Not sure how far in advance you booked but neither of them asked a single question pertaining to the cruise, how you are getting to the ship, anything??!!! Sometimes people expect others to do all the work/arrangements for them and they just go along for the ride on it. If that's the case then you guys go and enjoy and hope the other 2 learned a lesson that they must be involved in matters that involve them.

I can tell that you feel bad though so all I can suggest is you tell your sister and/or great-aunt to keep calling Norwegian and asking if anything opened up. We wanted to upgrade our cabin on our cruise we just got off of yesterday & every call to NCL in the week or week and a half prior to the cruise was a different story. I'd say approx. 8 calls & 8 different stories. Not kidding. Yes, even 2 reps. said sold out when about 25 cabins were showing up on line & letting me go through the process almost to the end of booking. Finally got to upgrade but not without lots of a hassle. Tell your sister to keep calling & calling to see if any cabn opens up. If nothing else, they'll appreciate the process you go through.

12/17/11 7-night Bahamas & Florida Cruise

Roundtrip New York Norwegian Cruise Line®

Norwegian Jewel 7 $399 562314

I find it completely absurd that you would pull up the person's post to try to see if she really is going on the cruise. the "if you are serious"comment is also ridiculous. I think it is hysterical that, as you tried to prove someone wrong, you were proved wrong in return. Why do posters read other peoples posts and the first thing they want to do is tear it apart and see if it is legit?

Thanks everyone for the replies and advice.

I've been on the phone with NCL and the entire cruise line industry :D for the last 2 hours or so, and while I still don't have my aunt and sis on the ship, I'm hopeful I'll get them on before it leaves port lol.

I plan to keep calling NCL and checking availability everywhere on an hourly basis until something comes available. The reps I've spoken to have said it's likely that some group space is being held, so when that's released, I need to be ready to pull the trigger. So, ready I'll be.

If you guys have any other ideas or suggestions, I welcome them. Thanks again help and advice- I really appreciate it.

Thanks everyone for the replies and advice.

I've been on the phone with NCL and the entire cruise line industry :D for the last 2 hours or so, and while I still don't have my aunt and sis on the ship, I'm hopeful I'll get them on before it leaves port lol.

I plan to keep calling NCL and checking availability everywhere on an hourly basis until something comes available. The reps I've spoken to have said it's likely that some group space is being held, so when that's released, I need to be ready to pull the trigger. So, ready I'll be.

If you guys have any other ideas or suggestions, I welcome them. Thanks again help and advice- I really appreciate it.

Try this email address, they are very good at problem solving...good luck

PublicRelations@ncl.com

I find it completely absurd that you would pull up the person's post to try to see if she really is going on the cruise. the "if you are serious"comment is also ridiculous. I think it is hysterical that, as you tried to prove someone wrong, you were proved wrong in return. Why do posters read other peoples posts and the first thing they want to do is tear it apart and see if it is legit?

You are correct...Swedish Weave simply pointed out what he thought was an error on the OPs part. However, keep in mind that in this case, YOU are now just pointing out SW's error. An error that he already admitted to, btw. So...why are you trying to tear apart his post?

Unsold group cabins are ALL turned in at final payment. Any rep. telling you that there may still be some group cabins that haven't been turned isn't being truthful.

I just went in to NCL's TA website and there cruise is not showing up at for booking. Just because you book a cabin that will hold 4 people doesn't mean the other two don't have to have their names and deposits in order for that cabin to be for 4. Your agent is correct - the cruise lines close out cabins to 3rd and 4th person people in the cabin when the maximum number of berths that can be booked are booked and this is what happened. The other two needed to have had their names on the booking and their deposits when the cabin was booked. Didn't your TA explain that to you?

TA websites that are showing it will not have cabins left if you go through the entire booking process. The websites are just not updated.

The reps I've spoken to have said it's likely that some group space is being held, so when that's released, I need to be ready to pull the trigger. So, ready I'll be.

The other two needed to have had their names on the booking and their deposits when the cabin was booked. Didn't your TA explain that to you?

The OP said that her father just called her this morning and told her he forgot to tell her to add her sister and great-aunt to the OV booking. OP did nothing wrong here - she's just trying to get everyone on the cruise. I hope it works out.

Archived