To take tour in santorini or not?

DonRobertoSanJuan

We have decided to do the ship tour to Oia and if we decide to just stop there we will advise the tour guide of our decision. The tour is at 7:15am so we should beat the crowds to Oia!

Thank you all for your insight as it made our decision easier.

Snow bunny

Do you have contact information for your excursion off the ship?

As I understand your post there was a bus waiting for you at the base of Fira or did your tender take you elsewhere? Thanks!

I'm sorry for the delay in response, but it was a tour presented by Celebrity. We had been told that once off the tenders we would go to Oia via motorcoach, which were waiting in the parking lot there. Hope this helps!

eta pics...

Stairs...

ry%3D400

Stairs and cable car to the left...

ry%3D400

I had to work my nerve up for the cable car, so it saved it until the end. lol

• 3 weeks later...
Hi there:)..seriously, get the tender tickets at 6am?:eek: I may have

to reconsider my plans.......

Hi, feel horrid for not replying sooner... missed your post! Yes, getting up at the crack of dawn for tender ticket is not fun! But, if you're elite, you won't need to, you'll have priority tender tickets delivered to you automatically, that's what I'm looking forward to when we become elite!

We wandered around Thira and caught the bus for a quick visit to Oia, back to Thira for a pre-dinner - dinner, whilst watching the Sunset. Walked back down via the Donkey track, mostly in darkness, dreading what our shoes would be like at the bottom. Donkeys stop prior to sunset. Surprise, clean as a whistle. Maybe lucky, maybe no donkey poo, couldnt see anyway. Take a torch if you plan doing that, we didnt. But was enjoyable. Straight onto the tender at the bottom and back onboard for a shower and dinner (proper).

Hi, feel horrid for not replying sooner... missed your post! Yes, getting up at the crack of dawn for tender ticket is not fun! But, if you're elite, you won't need to, you'll have priority tender tickets delivered to you automatically, that's what I'm looking forward to when we become elite!

hi - we are heading to Santorini in June on the Equinox....so you think if we get down in the line for 6am we should we okay in getting tender tickets to get off the boat early? how long do you think?

hi - we are heading to Santorini in June on the Equinox....so you think if we get down in the line for 6am we should we okay in getting tender tickets to get off the boat early? how long do you think?

Hi, this worked for us, they started actually giving out the tickets around 6:45 or so, in my opinion, it was completely worth it to be able to wander thru Oia with no one else there.

Hi, this worked for us, they started actually giving out the tickets around 6:45 or so, in my opinion, it was completely worth it to be able to wander thru Oia with no one else there.

Did you both have to be there to get tickets that early?

I believe that I am on the same cruise leaving Barcelona on May 17. 2013 But the itinerary from the celebrity web site shows that the Equinox will be in Dubrovnik on May 23rd. Never docks in Santorini but in Naples on May 21

Are we on the same cruise?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Sorry I think you were talking about May 2012 not 2013. If so you will probably not even see the emaidd until you are travelling ot after.

Let us know how you enjoy your cruise

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Great, DH is the early riser :) we've been to Santorini twice and just love it. We are hoping to walk the Caldera this time but need a few hours of daylight so hope to be off early.

Hi, happy to be helpful, CC has given us so much good info, I love to give back, I understand the Caldera walk is amazing, hope you post some pics when you return!

Hi, happy to be helpful, CC has given us so much good info, I love to give back, I understand the Caldera walk is amazing, hope you post some pics when you return!

Thanks. We did part of it last time we were there but I had a bit of an injury before we left that made it difficult, hopefully all will be well this time. The views are amazing and a lot of them you don't get from the road. Already craving Mythos beer :)

Archived