stupid food question

sportsmum

Here is the reply I received. We leave the ship on February 4th so I will miss it by 10 days!

The Stacked Raspberry Dessert is a specialty item which is served in the main dinning room during celebrations. Times such as Valentines, New Years or during our themed banquets on our Grand Voyages. Its a lovely dessert but is not offered on a regular basis. There will be many different fresh fruit desserts available through out a cruise.

I know it was in the Lido, so maybe there were some leftover from a special celebration. I never saw it again on any later cruises. Thanks for the research. m--

My wife and I are on the same New Years Eve cruise. I've just posted links to this thread and to the raspberry dessert photo on our Roll-Call thread.

Raspberry meals forever!

--Marne

And I just replies to it. :) It will be here soon.

Thank you! I don't know how you did it, but no matter how many times I 'right clicked' it - it would not save!

I don't doubt you, RMLincoln, I always check the Lido for any leftovers I have previously enjoyed. Makes me feel like a kid again.

I'm not a great Raspberry fan but that DOES look super good!

Seems to be as rare as the people around the swimming pool in the brochures! :rolleyes: All young, tan, drinking wine and smiling with teeth that would shine in the dark! :cool:

How come they never look like me? Or the people that REALLY hang out there? :confused:

Thank you! I don't know how you did it, but no matter how many times I 'right clicked' it - it would not save!

I don't doubt you, RMLincoln, I always check the Lido for any leftovers I have previously enjoyed. Makes me feel like a kid again.

I did a 'screen shot' - pasted it into Publisher - saved it as a JPG - uploaded it to Photobucket. I then posted it the same way you can post any photo.

Using this method, you can turn anything on your screen into a JPG and post it.

Sounds complicated but it isn't really.

That's because it's a Flash Video, not a jpg picture. With a browser extension you could capture it as a .flv file, but that would have to be converted to jpg to post it. English-in-Spain's method is simpler.

If you don't have Publisher (as I don't) you can paste your screen shot into mspaint to save it as a jpg.

jtl513 and English-in-Spain: I'm guessing this is why I am never asked to do anyone's homework....:eek:

Taxguy77: young is relative. That's why I love HAL- I am the hotty totty there!

Two@Sea: Step away from the plate....slowly.....and don't make eye contact.......

Well, I suppose next month I will board with a mission!

Why not have some fun with the picture. Print-out a copy and take it with you on the cruise. Then show the picture to the dining room manager and ask where you can sample that dessert?

Hank

Why not have some fun with the picture. Print-out a copy and take it with you on the cruise. Then show the picture to the dining room manager and ask where you can sample that dessert?

Hank

And when the chef doesn't know what we're talking about, we can hand him/her the email from Seattle explaining that it should be available, right?

Here is the reply I received. We leave the ship on February 4th so I will miss it by 10 days!

The Stacked Raspberry Dessert is a specialty item which is served in the main dinning room during celebrations. Times such as Valentines, New Years or during our themed banquets on our Grand Voyages. Its a lovely dessert but is not offered on a regular basis. There will be many different fresh fruit desserts available through out a cruise.

Will look for it this Valentine's Day. We were on board this past Valentine's and it was nowhere to be seen. There was a Valentine's brunch in the MDR.

Archived