stupid food question

sportsmum

I keep trying to save and post a picture but along with the stupid food question comes the stupid computer question! Therefore, I will try to describe...

Fresh raspberries layered with phylo (probably) squares. 2 layers with powdered sugar and a raspberry on top!

I keep trying to save and post a picture but along with the stupid food question comes the stupid computer question! Therefore, I will try to describe...

Fresh raspberries layered with phylo (probably) squares. 2 layers with powdered sugar and a raspberry on top!

Can you tell us more specifically where on the HAL website that it appears?

I haven't seen it either - not even in Pinnacle restaurant. Believe me, if a fresh raspberry dessert had been offered, I would have ordered it, just for the raspberries which is my favourite fruit. My guess is that Hal is finding them too expensive to offer them to us. Remember a few years ago when they had a large bowl of raspberries at the ice cream bar.

I believe it was aboard Oosterdam in 2008? or could have been on Maasdam in 2006? I need to check my dates against my signature list below!

It was in the Lido during an afternoon and my brother snagged one that we shared. There was some kind of rich cream (like in a Napolean) if I remember correctly between the layers.

It's be great to bring the picture and ask the chef when and where they'll be, and I'd bet he'll make sure you get some!

Enjoy, m--

I just looked through various menus and pictures that others have posted in the past and couldn't find anything that looked like the picture on the website. My guess is that it is likely a stock photo taken sometime in the past. I didn't recognize any notable pattern on the dessert plate, but I can't remember now if the china pattern was only on the main dinner plates or on all of the plates.

Here is the reply I received. We leave the ship on February 4th so I will miss it by 10 days!

The Stacked Raspberry Dessert is a specialty item which is served in the main dinning room during celebrations. Times such as Valentines, New Years or during our themed banquets on our Grand Voyages. Its a lovely dessert but is not offered on a regular basis. There will be many different fresh fruit desserts available through out a cruise.

Here is the reply I received. We leave the ship on February 4th so I will miss it by 10 days!

The Stacked Raspberry Dessert is a specialty item which is served in the main dinning room during celebrations. Times such as Valentines, New Years or during our themed banquets on our Grand Voyages. Its a lovely dessert but is not offered on a regular basis. There will be many different fresh fruit desserts available through out a cruise.

I'll be on the Oo for the New Year's Eve cruise. I'll be on the lookout for it and report back. Of course, this will probably have to be my second dessert, but I'm willing to take on for the CC team.

We've cruises several times over Valentine's Day...sometimes eating in the MDR, sometimes the Pinnacle...and I've never seen that. I would certainly remember, too! Raspberries are my very favorite fruit!

[ . Times such as Valentines, New Years or during our themed banquets on our Grand Voyages. Its a lovely dessert but is not offered on a regular basis. There will be many different fresh fruit desserts available through out a cruise. [/i][/color]

Wow, this is something I have drooled over everytime I get a HAL mailing. We will be onboard on Valentine Day and I really, really hope they serve it then.

Archived