Visit to the Bridge

silverbird

How does one get chosen to be invited to tour the bridge? Any hints or ideas? Thanks in advance.

There are several methods... there is a Deluxe Anniversary/Honeymoon package that includes an invite to the bridge. There's the Ultimate Ship Tour that includes a bridge visit. These, of course, cost money.

Folks have also reported that they've been invited after writing a note to the Captain whilst onboard. Good luck with that one...:)

How does one get chosen to be invited to tour the bridge? Any hints or ideas? Thanks in advance.

We were invited to the bridge on the 'Grand' after writing a nice note

to the Captain requesting a visit.This is what was recommended we do

by the Pursers desk when we inquired!

The captain on our Hawaiian cruise happened to be from the same area of England that I was born, (near Liverpool ), so I wrote a nice, nostalgic letter to him, and dropped it off at the purser's desk. We later got an invitation from him for a visit to the bridge. There were probably another 16 people who had the same invitation that were on the tour.

The DW and I wrote a note to the Captain on Embarkation Day on our Pacific Coastal back in '06 and a few days later we received a nice invitation from the Captain to take a Bridge tour on a sea day. It was awesome. The Captain was there to take pictures with the 15 folks that were invited. Just hand the note to the Purser's Desk and say its for the Captain and see what happens.

Jeff

Our last cruise, I wrote a letter to the Captain complaining that we were only allowed to carry on one bottle of wine per person and embarkation and none at the other ports. Basicly told "Too Bad, But would you like a tour of the bridge".

Hi There

A simple letter works wonders, if a birthday or some thing then add that in as well,

when we visited the Crown this year while in port we were invited to meet the captain, so we were taken to the bridge but he was not there.

yours Shogun

Or you could get invited the way I did back in 2005. I was traveling with one of my nieces. She is a beautiful, blond, blue eyed gal. We were up in Skywalkers the second night of the cruise when we met two Officers. We had a great time chatting with them and started asking them about the bridge. One was a first officer and he said he would send an invitation to the bridge to our stateroom. True to his word, he did. We loved seeing the bridge and learning about how things operate. There were about 15 or so others invited and it seemed quite a few were suite passengers.

I've also talked to a few passengers that did what some others did and wrote a note to the Captain. However, if this is really important to your cruise experience I would suggest biting the bullet and paying for the Ultimate Ship's tour.

Archived