TV 's on Nieuw Amsterdam......

sail7seas

And I'd like to add: Show me anyone who is having a 'travel adventure' 24 hours a day. Where are these people? Not on HAL, I'd bet:) No down time before bed? No 'music' in the morning? No 'what's on the movie channel?' while getting ready for dinner, or whenever?

Sometimes there is little self-awareness/realism in some of the replies here.

Well, that would be my husband and me. Normally we don't ever watch TV or movies while away from home. However, if the ship happens to show the NFL playoffs while we're onboard I'm pretty sure he's going to make an exception! To each their own.

Well that is disappointing to hear as we will be on the NA in two months.

Kirk

Kirk, One of the reasons I started this thread.......

If they don't know the things that are bugging us, how can they make them better? When on the ship, we tried to deal with it through our steward. We came to think he had done the best he could and frankly it wasn't all that important to spend more of his or our time on it.

The tv's are not the same as on other ships, as far as I remember and they are not performing well if the comments here are indicative of some percentage of people who had trouble with them on NA.

It's interesting others had the same problems with the remote/tv's on Nieuw Amsterdam. We've never had those problems before.

Was your TV mounted higher on the wall than on other ships? On ours the bottom of the screen was about shoulder high (when standing), and DW thinks she remembers that she had to lift the remote control arms-length above her head when lying on the bed in order to make it work.

Was your TV mounted higher on the wall than on other ships? On ours the bottom of the screen was about shoulder high (when standing), and DW thinks she remembers that she had to lift the remote control arms-length above her head when lying on the bed in order to make it work.

They don't mount the tv's in the suites. They sit on the edge of the long bureau/countertop. Our friend was in a veranda cabin and her tv was mounted. Bottom of the tv was probably at 4'6" off the ground. She, too, had hard time with her remote.

We got so sick of it, we used the control buttons on the side of the TV.

The TV in most cabins is wall mounted with very little range whereas, the TVs in the J cabins main deck inside are on a super mount that lets them be rotated 180 degrees,.... Great You could click them on from 15 ft away and time, you will have a DVD player too...free movies not pay., unlike Celeb which is a up-scale nickel and dime operation by comparisom

I spent 29 days in the inside penthouse as I called my J 1053.... best cabin I have had since Regent !!!!!! The Niew Amsterdam is a very class act and has my respect. The Lido is even better than the the other dining, except for Tamarind. We wound eating 80% of your meals in the Lido... its that good and I am a foodie...

Archived