Drawing cash from Customer relations onoard

waggie

I have read several threads regarding this subject, but would be grateful for a recent/current response:

If I buy myself some obc can I then withdraw that in cash to use whilst ashore /pay for private excursions?If so, what are Celebrity's charges for doing the transaction?

Many thanks,

I didn't buy it myself, but assume that yours would be refundable as well. I had quite a bit on OBC from various sources. Toward the end of the trip I went to customer service to ask about my options. After checking he found that two were refundable and handed me the cash. No charge, I just had to sign for it. This cruise ended on December 12.

Cynthia

If it is refundable (which means you would get it back you if do not spend it) then this would be yours to get anytime. If it is non-refundable (from the cruise line for example ($100.00) then you can only use it on board then they will not give it to you. This type you must use only on board. This included some OBC from TA's too.

Thank you both - I was assured that this would be the refundable type of obc -as usual CC readers are quick to respond!:)

I leave in 2 weeks, so will post the result when I return, in case anyone wants to know the outcome.

Archived