New by with Oceania

10july86

I'm interested in taking a cruise with O. We've been on many cruises with Celebrity and Princess. My biggest question is would our daughter feel out of place n the ship? She will be 22 and is also well travelled. I don't want to take a cruise where she will feel unwelcome.

Thanks for your honest input.

I'm interested in taking a cruise with O. We've been on many cruises with Celebrity and Princess. My biggest question is would our daughter feel out of place n the ship? She will be 22 and is also well travelled. I don't want to take a cruise where she will feel unwelcome.

Why in the world would she be unwelcome?

A crying baby may be unwelcome but your daughter is an adult.

A better question for you is - will she be uncomfortable on an all adult cruise with well traveled passengers - will she be able to interact with other mature adults?

Only she and you know the answer to that.

She will be treated like any other adult passenger on the ship. She will be given all respect she earns by her behavior and attitude to others.

JMO.

Edited to add - she will find very few (if any) people her own age. As long as she and you know that and are comfortable with that, she'll be fine.

I traveled at that age with an older crowd which you will find on Oceania and had a ball. If your daughter enjoys good conversation she will fit right in. People are very friendly onboard and a welcoming smile goes a long way.

We had two young ladies your DD's age on one of our Spring Regatta cruises.

Not only did the other cruisers enjoy having them along but the staff did as well. They seemed to go out of their way to help the two of them enjoy themselves.

I think she'll have a very good time.:)

10july86,

The general age range on 'O' cruises seems to be 40 to 90. However I have seen a few passengers in their 30s and 20s and teens. On one cruise I had dinner a couple of times, plus an excursion with 2 young men in their late 20s. They were great to converse with and educated me greatly on modern day communication media......they were in that business. I asked them why they had chosen 'O' and they said they had researched and wanted a relaxing cruise and good food. I would say they got it.

One thing you might consider is whether you are looking at warm weather or cool/cold weather cruise and whether it is port intensive or involves many sea days.There is not a lot of entertainment on 'O' ships. I know my daughter would be looking for pool time and shore time.

I agree with other posters I am sure she will be welcome aboard. Good luck.

We've been on a long Oceania cruise (16 days) in January and there really weren't many young people. (Having said that we enjoyed teaming up with a young couple from England for several shore excursions on that trip. We met them through Cruise Critic.) We've also been on a shorter (12 days) Oceania cruise in August and there were lots of younger people. I would imagine if you travel during school/university holidays, you'd see more younger passengers.

I think you are being generous with the 40 as they are few and far between. I'd probably bump the low end up by a good 10-20 years.

10july86,

The general age range on 'O' cruises seems to be 40 to 90. However I have seen a few passengers in their 30s and 20s and teens.

Archived