Prayers to the Philippines

terkatz56

Disaster? I haven't heard anything. Would you mind posting what the story is?

Thanks.

Philipines - Manilla, suffered extremely heavy rains in a short period of time. The hillsides had mudslides and because it happened during the night, many people had no notice and were killed in mudslides. Tremendous flooding and devastation.

Philipines - Manilla, suffered extremely heavy rains in a short period of time. The hillsides had mudslides and because it happened during the night, many people had no notice and were killed in mudslides. Tremendous flooding and devastation.

This too, was news to me.

Apparently, the media feels reporting on football is more important.

With so many Holland crew members hard at work, my prayers go out to their country, families and friends. I hope that this disaster ends soon and my condolences to all involved.
http://news.yahoo.com/philippine-storm-toll-exceeds-650-900-missing-143709512.html

They must be so worried about their friends and families and I hope the media keeps up with this.

Thanks for posting this. My prayers go out to all the Filipino crew and their families and friends.

I first caught it on my MSN.com homepage, and my first thoughts were for all the lovely crew members from that country who have cared for us. When we leave a cruise we feel like we are saying goodbye to family. I hope HAL and the other lines will help them get the news they need. I just can't even imagine .....

m--

Our DIL is Filipina, having arrived here 7 yrs. ago. Her family is in Mindanao (south). Yesterday Davao City was bracing for the worst typhoon since 1970.

These people have nothing. This is awful for them.

I always look forward to a cruise with a large Filipino crew.:)

Pat

The storms they have been having have affected the southern portion of the Philipines, not Manila. Many of my husband's co-workers are currently in Manila for job related purposes. Manila was not affected. On our last cruise we had Pedro as the head "waiter" and he is from the Philippines and his family still lives there. He was an interesting guy :D

Archived