Is it time to dump the Sports Deck?

ASIWISH

I'm quite sure it was joking. What I don't understnd is why you would want to do anything with that deck. While I'm not likely to go up for game or running I think those that do should have a place. What I wouldn't like to see is more cabanas that further restricts the great unwashed :D:D from public spaces.

I was really posing it more as a question, because there are far more intelligent people than me... but:

1. An outdoor exercise/wellness area, with classes or programs.

2. An outdoor bar/nightclub under the stars, like someone suggested over the Tamarind on another post.

3. Outdoor dining.

4. Ferris Wheel... just kidding!

but hey, that whole "restricting the great unwashed" thing sounds pretty good!:D

I was really posing it more as a question, because there are far more intelligent people than me... but:

1. An outdoor exercise/wellness area, with classes or programs.

2. An outdoor bar/nightclub under the stars, like someone suggested over the Tamarind on another post.

3. Outdoor dining.

4. Ferris Wheel... just kidding!

but hey, that whole "restricting the great unwashed" thing sounds pretty good!:D

I believe they do use the pool for exercise classes. I don't generally find that is much exercise myself so I go to the gym. While I like the idea of the Tamarind I don't really think HAL needs another bar. Have you ever seen how dead their bars are now? I've been known to take a drink outside and make my own bar. Nothing wrong with that. I just think those with other interests should be able to keep those areas. If not, they will be squished into other areas that would probably not work as well. I'd hate to see HAL become another Royal Caribbean with having "toys" that the cruisers that enjoy those lines seem to feel necessary.

No! Unless you want us running on the Promenade Deck on the S & R class ships.

This is a major problem on the Disney ships I've been on. It's hard to take a leisurely stroll on the promenade deck as it also serves as a jogging track since they don't have a dedicated one.

The Sports Deck seems to take up some much space, and is such an eyesore... Is it time to re-think that space?

What would you rather see up there?

I think that the (basketball court) on the Sports Deck that is located directly over the Lido dining venue should be shut down to eliminate the constant "thumping" of the basketball on the surface of the court which resonates LOUDLY in the Lido dining area! :mad:

If it were possible I would like to see the Tamarind Restaurant added -- but unfortunately not even the Vista class ships can handle that extra weight.

Where do you get that idea? The Signature ship hull is the same as a Vista. It IS just a Vista with another deck added.

I think that the (basketball court) on the Sports Deck that is located directly over the Lido dining venue should be shut down to eliminate the constant "thumping" of the basketball on the surface of the court which resonates LOUDLY in the Lido dining area! :mad:

I have NEVER heard any thumping from above in the Lido; it is so noisy in the Lido all the time that outside noise never seem to make it inside.

I have NEVER heard any thumping from above in the Lido; it is so noisy in the Lido all the time that outside noise never seem to make it inside.
If you eat dinner every night in the Lido like GN you might hear it sometimes. We rarely eat dinner there, but one night we did and made the mistake of sitting at the wrong end.

There is no better way to start a sea day than a brisk walk around the sports deck. The rising sun, the sea view, the fresh air, the leaving DH behind in a (imaginary) cloud of dust and then lapping him. I want to be there doing that right now!

There is no better way to start a sea day than a brisk walk around the sports deck. The rising sun' date=' the sea view, the fresh air, the leaving DH behind in a (imaginary) cloud of dust and then lapping him. I want to be there doing that right now![/quote']

Ah, well, to each his/her own... I think "no better way to start the day" is being plopped quite comfortably in the best breakfast venue onboard and served whatever my desire of the moment might be. :rolleyes::D;)

Well, Peter, perhaps you have a hearing deficit! :rolleyes: And it is NOT noisy in the Lido "all the time"! ;) It is quite quiet at dinner except for the LOUD thumping of the basketballs overhead! :mad:

I've heard it and I'm rarely in the Lido. Guess you must not sit where you can hear it.

The only time I have heard the thumping from the basketball court was on the Veendam to Bermuda and it was very loud every day. Nobody was thinking "insulation" when the ship was built I guess.

If you eat dinner every night in the Lido like GN you might hear it sometimes. We rarely eat dinner there, but one night we did and made the mistake of sitting at the wrong end.

Do people play basketball at night? Are there lights out there? Or is it only a problem in Alaska? :confused: :eek:

Basketball enthusiasts may be of the opinion that the Lido should be shut down or moved. :D

HA!! Thanks... I'm sure Knightsbridge was kidding!!!!!!

(I love it... very funny!)

I'm sure that Knightsbridge realizes you're a easy going guy and that you took it the way it was meant...I thought it was pretty funny too! :D

I wouldn't cruise on Hal anymore if they got rid of the sports deck. One of the things that I love about the Vista class ships is that I can run on the promanade but on the other ships it is only allowed on the sports deck. It is wonderful to run on a ship I.love watching the sea and I'm always cooled by the breeze..so nice. One bonus, even though I go on long cruises, I never gain weight! Long live the sports deck:)

Archived