What is a "trundle bed"?

mommy2eee

Just doing some mock bookings for some 5 day cruises for 3 of us (2 adults and DD5). I requested balcony room and it didn't describe the third bed (e.g. Pull down berth). At the next page there was an advisory warning that there was a occupancy restriction and addition of passengers would result in fare change etc. The next statement said "room has trundle bed" and gave measurements. Anyone experience this before?

Thanks!

A trundle bed can be stored under the regular bed. It is shorter than a regular bed. It has no legs, think more along the lines of a pallet. It's best for anyone under 4foot6. DD found it very comforatble but found it to be a bit short as she was just under 5feet when she used one.

It is 29 inches wide. there were 4 of us ladies booked in a regular balcony. Got the upsell call for a suite... was told it would have a convertible sectional sofa. these only come in the grand suite. I didnt know that the grand suite was the suite that was offered to my daughter. I thought it was the ocean suite. Called, got the cabin. Got home, saw it had a trundle bed. My daughter said that was not what we were offered. It had a trundle. None of us ladies could do a trundle. I called back to see if they would give us the suite that was originally offered with the sectional sofa.... Supposedly, it was a misunderstanding. We liked the idea of having more space... but... the trundle would not work. We were able to get back to our balcony on the lido. It was booked, but after a few minutes, they were able to get it back for us... those in our balcony that ended up in the suite probably got a free upgrade or something.. lucky them...

• 1 month later...

Archived