dwillis43

Nordic Prince - 14 days of wonder

All meals were in the WONDERFUL dining room

The waiter had 12 people to take care of -

The bus man took care of 24

The shows were small

The tap water was not safe to drink

Drinks were a bargain

The ports were different. Many people did not speak English.

Many people in the ports were very poor. In Haiti I hired a teenager to show the town.

Most people on the ship were much older than I was -- and there were no children.

There was NO TV.

You knew when it was time to go to supper because of the chimes.

About 15 minutes after the doors of the dining room was opened, it was locked. If you were late, you could order something from room service.

Ships were smaller and more formal. You DRESSED for supper.

RCI changed - and the world changed. Many lines that I loved (Home Line was a favorite) are long gone. They no longer give you streamers and noise makers to celebrate the start of your cruise. Bon Voyage parties are remembered.

11 night Brilliance of the Seas in 2004 out of Miami. Awesome ports (St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Labadee, fabulous sea days) and a GORGEOUS ship. She still remains our favorite ship and we can't wait until she comes back from Europe in September!

Alaska, Alaska, Alaska...:):):)

If you are an outdoor type person...this cruise is for you!

BILL

I second Bill! We were all on Radiance in September 2010 for a 14 day repo cruise from Vancouver to San Diego! Amazing!

Alan

Favorite was our first. 12 nt Transatlantic repo on Brilliance. Tremendous value. Our next TA will cost was same as 7 night So. Carib. we did. We really missed the string of relaxing sea days out of Miami. Then we stopped at Bermuda (2nts), Cobh Ireland, Plymouth England, Le havre France and Southampton England.

Alaska was a close second but it was on HAL. Tip for Alaska - smaller the ship the better. Ship features don't matter much and a balcony is a must. Small ships can do passages larger ones won't do. Also one-way routes have better scenery than r/t from Seattle or Vancouver. We did northbound to let the adventure (and scenery) build and build as we sailed toward destination Alaska.

As I think back on my nine cruises so far, each one was special for some different reason: Splendor was my first time,(your first is always special:p), Legend had the best shows, Jewel had an awesome waitstaff, Voyager had my first ice show, Enchanment we got upgraded to an owner's suite:D, Grandure we brought friends with us for the first time, Navigator had the best tablemates and it was our first time in Europe, Radiance had our first meal Seaview Cafe, Freedom was a great family vacation and we got diverted by a tropical storm. If I had to pick, the Navigator Western Med was probably the best, but I've loved them all.

I'm finally returning to a ship for the first time in February. Jewel, here I come!

Like others have posted, I have several favorite cruises.

1. Radiance - May 2007 Pacific Coastal - nothing like sailing under the Golden Gate Bridge. It was our 2nd cruise with Royal and that cruise made us fall in love with cruising and the West Coast. I wish they still sailed the route.

2. Mariner - July 2008 Eastern Caribbean - last vacation we took as a family (my sons were nearly grown at the time). Everyone had a great time.

3. Radiance - June 2011 Alaska - our favorite location on our favorite ship! We sailed the first southbound after her last dry dock. Loved all of the improvements especially Giovanni's Table and the scenery was incredible.

That said we have never had a bad cruise, these are just our favorites.

Anne

The OP asked for "My Favorite RCCL cruise" My favorite was an AI repositioning cruise from Ravenna to Malaga in late October on Pullmantur"s Zenith.

p.s. Azamara, Celebrity,and CDF ships are part of RCCL as well.

Archived