Early Saver

DebsterW

I need some help!! I booked a cruise for January under the early saver. I see the price dropping using the Carnival fare viewer. My travel agent says those prices are not valid because the base price is lower..makes no sense to me. The prices I see are before tax and port charges, if I have early saver why cant I get the lower price?

Deb

I need some help!! I booked a cruise for January under the early saver. I see the price dropping using the Carnival fare viewer. My travel agent says those prices are not valid because the base price is lower..makes no sense to me. The prices I see are before tax and port charges, if I have early saver why cant I get the lower price?

Deb

First go to Carnival.com and check your rate under "manage my cruise". Look under the "cruise rate" column to see the total you are paying for your cabin. If the price showing on Carnival's Fare Viewer is lower than this (for the same category and same number of people), you ARE eligible for the lower rate. If your agent still refuses to help you, I would file a complaint with Carnival about your travel agent, and then get another travel agent! Some agents don't want to help with the Early Saver Guarantee as the lower price you pay means a smaller commission for them. This is why I always book the cruise directly with Carnival.

Are you comparing the cruise price ONLY with the fare viewer?

I agree with the above poster to check the price you paid for cruise fare only with what is on your cruise manager on the carnival web site.

and make sure you are comparing the same category cabin that you are booked in.

The earlier posts are correct. Be certain you are looking at the correct category with the correct price you booked at, compare it with today's price and communicate it to the TA. Don't take no for an answer. This is why I'll never consider booking with a TA. You do all the work and you need to wait for them to act, while they get paid. Makes no sense.

I emailed her again and her response to me sounds like she didn't book the early saver rate. If I booked in September why in the world would she not book early saver is beyond me. I should have known better and booked this myself!!

I emailed her again and her response to me sounds like she didn't book the early saver rate. If I booked in September why in the world would she not book early saver is beyond me. I should have known better and booked this myself!!

I book myself because I do all the research and know exactly what I want. Nothing can be misunderstood or lost in communication or confused with another client. It's SO easy to do online or with a PVP - next time you'll know. I'm the best TA in the world because I am my only client and I spend more time than any TA would in making sure things are planned perfectly.

Does the confirmation you have tell you what type of booking you have?

(see, with TA's when the price goes down it cuts into their commission.

Please follow through with this. Look and see what type of booking youhave

If you booked early saver, the original confirmation email would have had some small print on the bottom of the email about the nonrefundable deposit.

She emailed me back and said she spoke to someone else at Carnival and today the lowest rate is a Military rate, I would have to submit military paperwork by 5pm today to get that rate. Is that how early saver works? I looked on my booking info on carnival.com and I don't see what rate is booked.

Debster: If you booked in September for a January cruise, you would NOT be eligible for early saver. If it is a 7 day cruise, it had to be booked more than five months early. However, if it is 5 days or less than it would have qualified if it was booked three month before.

She emailed me back and said she spoke to someone else at Carnival and today the lowest rate is a Military rate, I would have to submit military paperwork by 5pm today to get that rate. Is that how early saver works? I looked on my booking info on carnival.com and I don't see what rate is booked.

Hey if she said you can get it, I would go ahead and fax in the DD214 or whatever its called.

First go to Carnival.com and check your rate under "manage my cruise". Look under the "cruise rate" column to see the total you are paying for your cabin. If the price showing on Carnival's Fare Viewer is lower than this (for the same category and same number of people), you ARE eligible for the lower rate. If your agent still refuses to help you, I would file a complaint with Carnival about your travel agent, and then get another travel agent! Some agents don't want to help with the Early Saver Guarantee as the lower price you pay means a smaller commission for them. This is why I always book the cruise directly with Carnival.

I think I am over thinking this, I have gone to Carnival.com, and signed in to manage my cruise. I do not see a "cruise rate" column. I have found my rate in my cruise documents. Is that what you are talking about?

How do I know what a 4b is worth today when they are all gone? On the rate compare website of Carnival it shows a4b would upgrade to a 4g. But does not show a rate for 4b today.

On my cruise docs it shows I paid 598.00 for the cruise for 2 people, 175.94 in tax for a total of 773.94 for our cruise on the Valor on Jan 29th.

When I run the rate program it shows the cruise is 718.00 for interior cabins, which is more than I paid, before tax, does that listing (718) include tax or not?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Ok, so still not resolved. There is a pack and sail rate for florida residents that I quailfy for, so she went to enter this and she got a message that doing so would result in my 50.00 obc to be lost. The obc is from my fcc. I should not lose that! Carnival was no help, they couldn't figure it out either. I am frustrated with this. It is for 25.00 price difference, but this shouldn't be so hard.

Ok, so still not resolved. There is a pack and sail rate for florida residents that I quailfy for, so she went to enter this and she got a message that doing so would result in my 50.00 obc to be lost. The obc is from my fcc. I should not lose that! Carnival was no help, they couldn't figure it out either. I am frustrated with this. It is for 25.00 price difference, but this shouldn't be so hard.

Im curious when you say Carnival couldnt figure it out, are you basing that on a conversation you had with Carnival or what your TA relayed to you?

At this point I would ask for a 3 way call with Carnival and your TA, so you can hear exactly what is being said.

Hopefully it will get sorted out, but it really sounds like a TA that doesnt want to lose any of her commission by adjusting the rate.

Good Luck

She was on facebook instant messaging me while she was on the phone. I will never go this route again. I will book everything myself from now on. I called Carnival and the lady I spoke to said there should not be a problem at all. but she couldn't really help me.

It is impossible to price match the category you have with pack n go. You had to select a cabin, i.e. you have a category. pack n go is gty where you allow Carnival to select your cabin.

IF (big if) they are willing to forgo their own rules that say no downgrading, sometimes lately they have been allowing you to give up the cabin you selected and go into the gty pool.

Pack n gos are always guarantees, so its impossible to be seeing the same category you booked .. so this could be part of the problem. You have whatever, say its a balcony ... and are assuming you can price match the lowest price, nevermind its not what you booked. Something is being lost in the translation.

Archived