Taking our own wine aboard?

auburn76

No. They will not confiscate it. In Honolulu however, they will check carefully to make sure you have wine and not booze.

So we CANNOT buy alcohol in Honolulu and bring it on board? (But what will I drink with my POG??) I don't drink wine, so I was planning on vodka....would I be able to purchase it San Pedro and bring it on the ship?

So we CANNOT buy alcohol in Honolulu and bring it on board? (But what will I drink with my POG??) I don't drink wine, so I was planning on vodka....would I be able to purchase it San Pedro and bring it on the ship?

No, you cannot. Only wine can be brought onboard.

If there is anything our government knows how to do it is tax liquor. Is Sheridans taxed as wine or alcohol? Another test is where and when is it sold. In South Carolina, alcohol cannot be sold in the same store as beer and wine.

This might be a silly question..but I see that all of these posts are from the US..I am embarking in UK and wondering if the law changes anything...just thought Id ask as I think we will bring 4 bottles if we can for our 12 night cruise.

This might be a silly question..but I see that all of these posts are from the US..I am embarking in UK and wondering if the law changes anything...just thought Id ask as I think we will bring 4 bottles if we can for our 12 night cruise.

UK.....US; doesn't matter. You can certainly carry on four bottles of wine, but still............ no booze.

OOPS.....just noticed you are embarking in the UK. Don't know their wine rules at all.

UK.....US; doesn't matter. You can certainly carry on four bottles of wine, but still............ no booze.

OOPS.....just noticed you are embarking in the UK. Don't know their wine rules at all.

Same question I had for embarking in Singapore, we took a truck load on when we boarded in FLL for Panama Canal Cruise, but are we going to be restricted with how much wine we can bring on in Singapore? In FLL, we took it all as carry on, and all they said at the scanner was "bottles coming through". I love Princess, sadly it didn't cut down on our bar bill much. Still ordered wine with dinner each night, and cocktails before and after dinner...maybe I have a drinking problem? Liz

No, you cannot. Only wine can be brought onboard.

We bought a 6 pack of Corona in Honolulu and had no problem bringing it onboard the Sapphire. A guy ahead of us in line had a case of beer! Enjoyed it in our cabin watching the Super Bowl last year!

Official policy from Princess:

Alcohol Policy

We kindly request that you do not bring alcoholic beverages (other than wine and/or champagne) onboard for consumption.

Alcoholic beverages sourced from shore-side and brought onboard, no matter where sourced, will be collected at the gangway for safekeeping and will be delivered to the passenger's stateroom on the last day of the cruise.

A member of the ship's security staff will be at the gangway to assist passengers with the storage of their alcoholic beverage purchases. The only exception to the above rule, is that passengers are permitted to bring one bottle of wine and/or champagne per person purchased in a shoreside location onboard. If the wine and/or champagne is brought to the dining room for consumption, a $15.00 per bottle corkage fee will be applied to the passenger's shipboard account. We prefer that passengers bring wine/champagne no larger than 750ml, however, magnums are acceptable. Wine in a box is not encouraged.

Passengers are also permitted to consume the wine and/or champagne in the privacy of their stateroom only, but it may not be brought into any public lounge for consumption.

Please note that any wines and champagnes supplied from the ship's stock to passengers would not be subject to a corkage fee.

Based on my experiencing boarding in Honolulu in September 2010 you cannot carry on non wine alcohol, but you can put it in your check luggage.

Archived