Lido deck music..is it just me or does anyone

helicopter

It must be company policy on all ships. lol The cruises that I have been on, I have found the live music is way too loud that you can't hold a conversation with the person next to you. When they take a break and they play the other music, it's so low, you can hardly hear it. They need to find a happy medium.

The Dream got rid of the steel-drum band by the pool (which I always loved) in favor of a DJ. Major mistake in my mind. I know they are only paying for one person instead of four, but there was always something really nice about hearing "Carribean" music from a live band at the pool rather than hearing rap all day.

On the Triumph in Oct the band playing at the world bar, was way too loud. Two months later, same band, same bar, the volume was perfect. But we had a different cruise director on the Dec cruise. I think the CD would be the person to have them turn it down...

else think the music on the Lido deck (usually chimed in music) is a little loud? Don't get me wrong I enjoy the music, but it's so loud I can't even have a conversation with someone..I would say blarring:eek:

Yes, it seems like they think the louder the better.

The Dream got rid of the steel-drum band by the pool (which I always loved) in favor of a DJ. Major mistake in my mind. I know they are only paying for one person instead of four, but there was always something really nice about hearing "Carribean" music from a live band at the pool rather than hearing rap all day.

No Caribbean music on Lido deck...seriously:mad::mad:

It's also that blaring CNN/Headlines News/MorningShow volume at 7AM that'll rattle you enough to spill your coffee. Come on! I'd deafer than a stump and I have to turn my ears off so they don't screech:eek: when I walk on the Lido deck.

you must be talking about that jumbotron?

you won't find me on any ship that has one.

I found the music in almost every venue on the Liberty to be uncomfortably loud earlier this month. My three year old spent most of the cruise walking around with his fingers in his ears because he thought it was way too loud.

Same way on the Splendor.

Yes, definitely too loud. Pretty much consistently, in most venues onboard.

And that obnoxious, blaring jumbo TV screen on the Lido deck of some ships - arrgghhh!:mad: No matter what they were playing on that - movie, concert, news, etc., no matter the hour of day or night, it was painfully loud.

We still had live music on Lido on my last Ecstasy trip - a 5-night cheapie on an old ship - by the fine duo Supernova, from Dominica.

So Carnival can spring for the real thing on an old ship but on their newer ship plays exactly the same stuff pax are listening to on their iPods?

Makes no sense.

I couldn't care less if it's live music or recorded, sounds the same to me and I don't spend my time watching the musicians if it is live. I do think it's on the loud side, as is the jumbotron TV in the back of the ship. We usually retreat away from the pool area to one of the higher decks more forward if we're planning on laying out on a sea day.

It's also that blaring CNN/Headlines News/MorningShow volume at 7AM that'll rattle you enough to spill your coffee. Come on! I'd deafer than a stump and I have to turn my ears off so they don't screech:eek: when I walk on the Lido deck.

that one really gets me. I go on a cruise to escape from reality. Not listen to whatever depressing news comes out that day. CNN is in the cabins if anyone really has to get a news fix. Let me enjoy my coffee and the beauty of the sea without hearing about war and famine and politics!

I didn't find the music to be excessively loud when I was on the Liberty (June 24 - July 1, 2011). I seem to remember the music only being audible at the main lido area (Tivoli, on the Liberty). The Liberty (and other ships) have a secondary, quieter aft lido area (Venetian, on the Liberty), which was very quiet, and can be an alternative if you find the music too loud. I thought Carnival had a good balance with having a lively main lido area and a quiet secondary lido area. Maybe other ships (or other weeks) have the music louder?

that one really gets me. I go on a cruise to escape from reality. Not listen to whatever depressing news comes out that day. CNN is in the cabins if anyone really has to get a news fix. Let me enjoy my coffee and the beauty of the sea without hearing about war and famine and politics!

That is a good point.

i'll drink to that!!:)

Archived