Bring a Friend Promotion

gbcruise

I filled the form out online months ago. One person in our group is a first time cruiser. It was denied due to my using a savings coupon on our balcony room. I didnt realize using the savings coupon voided this promotion & I no longer have the rules listing. Could someone confirm this please?

Here's the fine print...........I guess it can be deciphered as you not being allowed to use another promotion or offer..:rolleyes:

Terms & Conditions

*Offer available only to Crown & Anchor members ("Member"). Member’s friend must not have previously sailed with Royal Caribbean ("Friend"). Friend must book on or after January 21, 2011 and sail on or after January 21, 2011. Bookings cancelled and rebooked after January 21, 2011 are not eligible. Friend not eligible to receive onboard credit.

Member must submit an Offer redemption request at RoyalCaribbean.com/BringaFriend or call (800) 526-9723. Member must provide the Friend's booking number, full name, and email or telephone number, which are subject to verification by Royal Caribbean. Member and Friend must each be at least 18 years of age. Friend must be booked on same sailing as Member and may be booked in Member's or another stateroom.

The onboard credit amount is $25 for each stateroom in which a verified Friend is booked, subject to a maximum of $125 per Member. Limit of one onboard credit per stateroom booked by a Friend; if a person is confirmed as a Friend of a Member, no other Member may receive credit for that person or any other person booked in Friend's stateroom. If more than one Offer redemption request is submitted for a person or for a person booked in a Friend’s stateroom, Royal Caribbean will process only the first request received. Redemption requests will be processed within 70 days of receipt of final payment by Member and Friend for cruises 7-nights or longer, and,within 50 days of receipt of final payment from Member and Friend for cruises less than 7 nights. Offer not combinable with any other promotion or offer except for the Onboard Booking Bonus. The onboard credit will be applied to Member’s booking up to five days before the sail date. If the Friend does not sail, the onboard credit will be removed from the Member's reservation. Friend may enroll in the Crown & Anchor Society after completing.the first sailing.

Offer applicable to new reservations. Onboard credit is in U.S. dollars, has no cash value, is non-transferable, not redeemable for cash and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the last evening of the cruise. Royal Caribbean reserves the right to reject any Offer redemption request, discontinue or change the Offer without notice. Offer not available to reservations made under group, travel agent or Royal Caribbean employee rates.

I would call back and ask again. This promotion should be stackable with most discounts. I just used it successfully in combination with a shareholder OBC, which normally isn't combainable with anything.

You will often get different answers depending on who you get on the phone, so it never hurts to try again.

I was told multiple times that we could combine our standard balcony discount with the "bring a friend." If I had known from the get go, I would not have bothered with the paperwork. I would not have bothered calling to check to see if it had been applied. I would not have inquired on the ship. I called when we returned and this time the agent immediately said "oh, no, it's not combinable with a balcony discount." What irritates me is all of the constant misinformation. Oh, well.

i was told i couldn't get it since i used my d+ balcony discount...

took a month of back and forth, and an email to the exec offices, but i got the $25. My argument was that the rules are a little ambiguous, not to mention hard to read, and here i was spending more money, but i couldn't get a lousy 25 bucks?

I also asked them to define onboard booking bonus...as my booking was made on board....

literally, the day before the cruise, i got an email from corp stating that i got the OBC for my aunt....and it was applied the 1st day of the cruise....

I guess they tried to "soften" the denial by saying that they will hold onto the credit so in the future if I book a inside room they will then allow the $25 credit. I assume that is if I do not use a savings certificate. I too, very much, dislike that you can't get straight answers on any question. I really just wanted to pass the credit off to the first time passenger to make his cruise that much sweeter. Thank you everyone for the replies. We will have a happy sailing, with or without the credit.

I have been away from the boards for a while and this Bring a friend is all new to me.

May I please ask if you think I am entitled for this?

I am an Emerald Member and have an Emerald Discount of I think $100 for my balcony.

I have two cabins booked for my mother, dd, dh, ds and me.

I have two cabins (inside connecting to PR) booked for my sister her two kids and my bil and thier other son. My sister, her dh and their 3 young children have never sailed RCCL.

We booked them this year and are sailing July 2013.

Can I get the OBC for each of their cabins since each adult is booked with a child?

Would it be too late to do when I get back to work next week or do I need to do now?

Thanks SOOO much!

I have been away from the boards for a while and this Bring a friend is all new to me.

May I please ask if you think I am entitled for this?

I am an Emerald Member and have an Emerald Discount of I think $100 for my balcony.

I have two cabins booked for my mother, dd, dh, ds and me.

I have two cabins (inside connecting to PR) booked for my sister her two kids and my bil and thier other son. My sister, her dh and their 3 young children have never sailed RCCL.

We booked them this year and are sailing July 2013.

Can I get the OBC for each of their cabins since each adult is booked with a child?

Would it be too late to do when I get back to work next week or do I need to do now?

Thanks SOOO much!

I would say go ahead and fill out the form at the RCI website. The worst that can happen is DENIED. :D

Strange? I was able to get $100 OBC for booking onboard, my C&A balcony discount AND the $25 referral OBC for my cousin. Seems it's not too consistent!

I have read here that if the cabins are booked as a " group" ( and I have no idea how Royal defines that) that you are not eligible. Some people have complained that even using the same TA caused them to be defined as a group. My cousin used a different TA, so that was not an issue.

I have had no luck with this form..tells me information is invalid or can't be verified....tried several time over the last week or so. :confused: Guess I will give them a call.

Also is the $25 for both the C&A member and friend or just the friend??? Some lines give OBC to both.

Thanks

I have had no luck with this form..tells me information is invalid or can't be verified....tried several time over the last week or so. :confused: Guess I will give them a call.

Also is the $25 for both the C&A member and friend or just the friend??? Some lines give OBC to both.

Thanks

no just the friend, and that's the error message i kept getting...took 4 weeks, several calls and emails before i got it...

It is strange! And terribly inconsistent on Royals end.

I was told when I called C&A that you cannot combine the balcony discount(promotion? ) with the Referral.:mad:

In the fine print it states not combinable with any other offers or promotions except for the onboard booking bonus.:confused:

I don't know if this makes a difference, but I filled out the forms for the first go around of this program (remember it was supposed to end in like April of this year but kept getting extended?), for two cabins on our 12/1 cruise. I also had a savings certificate applied to my reservation. Took them a while to 'approve' it, but it was approved well before our cruise and showed up the 1st full day of the cruise on my account on board:)

Does this discount apply to the "Friend" if they are in your stateroom? Or do they have to be booked in a seperate room?

I ask this because my husband will be going with me and he has never been on a cruise, so this would make him a new cruiser and non C&A member. I am a C&A member and so far, there aren't any discounts that I know of as we are going to book through USAA's Travel Program. We don't have OBC either and at this time, I see no Savings Certificates for our sailing that we can use.

I applied for three. Never heard anything although they said we would get an email when they were approved - we sail on January 7th.

Called C & A last night. They said they were approved. Planning on using the money to buy the first round of drinks at Senor Frogs!!

(For a company that has a great product and manages to keep ships afloat all over the world, their home office could really use some organization.) :o

I was told multiple times that we could combine our standard balcony discount with the "bring a friend." If I had known from the get go, I would not have bothered with the paperwork. I would not have bothered calling to check to see if it had been applied. I would not have inquired on the ship. I called when we returned and this time the agent immediately said "oh, no, it's not combinable with a balcony discount." What irritates me is all of the constant misinformation. Oh, well.
No, we did not book as a group. We always book directly with RCI.

I applied for three. Never heard anything although they said we would get an email when they were approved - we sail on January 7th.

Called C & A last night. They said they were approved. Planning on using the money to buy the first round of drinks at Senor Frogs!!

(For a company that has a great product and manages to keep ships afloat all over the world, their home office could really use some organization.) :o

Thanks! I might give them a call :)

Brossy ... did you have a balcony discount or any other discounts? Happy that you got yours! And, you summed it up - company has a great product but the land dept. doesn't seem well managed at all. I think if the C&A agents had the correct info that they'd pass it along. You really can't put much stock in what you're told.

Archived