Brilliance of the Seas Review-Dubai

lilybob

Thanks again! Any special things you can recommend either on board or on land?

On board - The Seaview Cafe on deck 12 which serves pasta, pizza and paninis is much better than the Windjammer and few people seem to find it. It is usually open mid-afternoon until 7:30 which is great for a late lunch when returning from the ports. It is also open after 9:30 PM at night.

On land

- Get tickets online for the Burj Kalifha

- The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi. They give tours at 10 AM and 11 AM. Try to go to the 10 AM tour as

it gets crowded by 11 AM. They loan you an abaya, but bring your own scarfs as they run out (I wouldn't want to put

a loaned scarf on my head anyway.)

- The Bait Al Zubair Museum in Muscat Oman

- A Dune bashing tour (if you do not have back or neck issues)

- Internet is available for $3/hr in the 2nd floor duty free shop across from the ship on

the pier in Muscat.

- Internet is available for $3/hr in the 2nd floor duty free shop across from the ship on

the pier in Muscat.

In addition, wifi is free in the Dubai Cruise Terminal (both buildings) and also in the Abu Dhabi terminal.

Thanks again! Any special things you can recommend either on board or on land?

One thing I forgot. If you have an outside or balcony cabin you are better off with a cabin on on the side not facing the pier in Oman because they were operating machinery all night when we were there. On our cruise the port side faced the pier; therefore, assuming the ship docks in the same direction, you would be better off on the starboard side (cabins with 5 or 6 in the second number)

• 3 months later...
One thing I forgot. If you have an outside or balcony cabin you are better off with a cabin on on the side not facing the pier in Oman because they were operating machinery all night when we were there. On our cruise the port side faced the pier; therefore, assuming the ship docks in the same direction, you would be better off on the starboard side (cabins with 5 or 6 in the second number)

Good tip. I'd forgotten we had the same machinery noises on our December cruise and we were on the port side too

Archived