FCC & B2B booking

NCTribeFan

I purchased a FCC on my Fascination cruise last month. I've used one before, redeeming it online for my Fantasy cruise in May, 2010. Other than my IE issues, I had no problem.

Here's my question. I'm considering the Breeze TA next November (I have a big birthday that month and want to take a nice cruise to celebrate, although I'll probably have to sail solo).

That long cruise would give me an OBC of $200 (I think) plus I'd get $250 OBC for my shareholder credit.

But, I just don't know if I can do it. The airfare might make it totally out of my price range.

So I was thinking about booking two 5-day B2B on Destiny. I'd get my 6th visit to HMC in there, plus I just might be able to convince either my DD or my cruise buddy to come with me on one leg, which would mean I would not have to pay 200%. That would make my birthday a happier one, indeed!

Question is - would I only receive $50 OBC for my FCC? Or would the B2B be booked with one booking number.

Seems that it would be unjust to only give me $50 OBC when I would be on what was essentially a 10-day cruise, but I suspect that Carnival would say, "oh, sorry, but you only get $50 because it can only be applied to ONE cruise."

Anyone out there with experience with B2B bookings that can tell me if you get one booking number or two? If only one, then maybe I could get the OBC for the total days.

Technically you would be on two 5 day cruises so you would only receive $50 for each FCC you submitted. If you submit two FCC's, one for each cruise, then you would receive two $50 credits...one on each cruise.

You do not have the same booking number for the two different cruises. Each cruise will have their own booking number.

Each cruise is its own cruise. You need two FCCs as above. I have a bunch I bought.

You cant apply one FCC to two different cruises .. though I agree $50 OBC seems like too little when you can get $100 for just 2 more days.. well in my case. I've done some 5 days. Seems like you are picking some shorter than what I do, so its not so off.

I have a pile of FCCs at home ready for stuff like this.

That's what I was afraid of. Some cruise lines actually sell B2Bs are one sailing, but not Carnival. Bummer.

So the difference between the two OBCs I'd get for the TA ($200 + $250) and the B2B ($50 + 2*$50) is $300 that I would "lose" by booking the B2B.

I need to find out what sort of air Carnival would offer for the TA. That's the one time I'd consider booking through the cruiseline.

And the fact that I *might* get someone to go with me on the B2B would really cut down the cost.

Those 1As on Main with the picture windows are available on the B2B. I'm tempted to grab them. Of course, if my cruise buddy decided to join me on one leg, I doubt she'd enjoy climbing the ladder to the upper bunk. But if I'm solo, that cabin would be fantastic for 10 days!!

Those 1As on Main with the picture windows are available on the B2B. I'm tempted to grab them. Of course, if my cruise buddy decided to join me on one leg, I doubt she'd enjoy climbing the ladder to the upper bunk. But if I'm solo, that cabin would be fantastic for 10 days!!

Im confused, as first post you mention Fascination .. but then talk about 1As with picture windows, which are on Destiny, Triumph and victory.

Are you confusing the picture window cabins with the PTs that have port holes on Fantasy class. No 1As on Fantasy class have port holes or picture windows.

You also mention Breeze, but it too does not have picture windows as 1As. Conquest class used to have them as 1As, but they had twins and converted to 6Bs, now.. only the above three ships have the full picture windows as 1As.

Im now totally confused which ship you are talking about booking

No, I said I was considering the Breeze TA or a B2B on Destiny. I just mentioned Fascination because I bought another FCC on her last month.

I'm going to talk to my cruise buddy and if she thinks there's any way she might be able to go on one leg of the Destiny, I think I'll try to lock up that cabin.

She's the person who introduced me to cruising, but she's been through two rounds of breast cancer and has had to use all her paid time off for medical reasons the past few years. She went on Elation with me, after she had finished her first round of treatments, and said it was great to get away from everything and just relax. I'm looking at mid-november, so the 2nd leg would return on Thanksgiving day, so she wouldn't need much time off.

But I also have DD's wedding in September. I've told her for years that I couldn't/wouldn't pay big money for a wedding, but I'd help her with the honeymoon. Tried to talk her into getting married on a cruise (or in one of the ports), but she doesn't want to do that because her friends couldn't all come. I thought it was a brilliant idea, myself!!! :p

Archived