Reservation being modified message....HUH?

Yo Eleven

We booked an inside guarantee on Millenium coming up next week at a rate we could not refuse. No assignment for past few days yet. Went to check to see if we been assigned and we can't log in. We get this message. Is this the upgrade fairy? someone assigning a cabin? someone canceling our reservation? the towel animal?????? :p

The requested reservation is currently being modified. Please try again at a later time.

I would not read much into it; that message seems to pop up somewhat frequently for no particular reason. Just log out, close your browser window and try again. If it still gives this message, wait an hour and try again. Good luck on the upgrade fairy, but I would not read anything in to the reservation being modified message.

We booked an inside guarantee on Millenium coming up next week at a rate we could not refuse. No assignment for past few days yet. Went to check to see if we been assigned and we can't log in. We get this message. Is this the upgrade fairy? someone assigning a cabin? someone canceling our reservation? the towel animal?????? :p

The requested reservation is currently being modified. Please try again at a later time.

Welcome to the Celebrity web site..... the cause of this message could be anything from the assignment to a royal suite to someone tripping on a power cord in their computer center.....to someone sneezing on the Century in New Zealand.

Just sign on later and see what's changed.

I would not read much into it; that message seems to pop up somewhat frequently for no particular reason. Just log out, close your browser window and try again. If it still gives this message, wait an hour and try again. Good luck on the upgrade fairy, but I would not read anything in to the reservation being modified message.

Thanks Gonzo. I logged out and tried again. Got same message. Will try again later. Hopefully, something good, but gotcha on the not reading much into it.

The same thing happened to me a week ago .... I was checking my guarantee booking and got the same message. Ten minutes later, I received an e-mail from my TA letting me know my cabin had just been assigned. I don't know if it was coincidence or not, but I had checked an hour or so before and it was still showing as guarantee.

Fingers crossed that it is your cabin being assigned!

The same thing happened to me a week ago .... I was checking my guarantee booking and got the same message. Ten minutes later, I received an e-mail from my TA letting me know my cabin had just been assigned. I don't know if it was coincidence or not, but I had checked an hour or so before and it was still showing as guarantee.

Fingers crossed that it is your cabin being assigned!

Well I hope so!!!!!! They did charge my credit card the other day so it must be. Thanks for reporting in. I was scratching my head wondering what the heck was going on.

Gonzo is correct but you can go a little further. Make sure you are signed out of the Celebrity web site. I have found that message to come up when I have signed in while I was already signed in....

Looks like that was a teaser. I was able to get on and as the result was still NO cabin assignment. The suspense is killing me!!!!!!!!

Have you tried picking up the phone and talking to them? They may have more current information. It does take a person some time to enter information onto the website.

Gonzo is correct but you can go a little further. Make sure you are signed out of the Celebrity web site. I have found that message to come up when I have signed in while I was already signed in....

Good advice, always log off.

Also, and this is applicable for all websites you frequent, clean out your "cookies" frequently. Cookies are little bits of code to track you and websites look for them first and then direct you to where the website wants you to be.

Have you tried picking up the phone and talking to them? They may have more current information. It does take a person some time to enter information onto the website.

No I haven't and maybe it would be beneficial to NOT inquire about it. Who knows? Maybe they would assign me right on the spot during the phone call to cabin 666 and warn me that the anchor may swing back and forth and bang against our wall. :eek:

This is CelebritySpeak for We're not gonna let you look at your reservation. It happens all the time. Sometimes it can be resolved, sometimes it can't. There is a workaround for this which I've forgotten since I haven't had the problem lately, but the Captains Club reps can advise you.

Well all I know is that they charged my credit card so I should be entitled to some sort of cabin. I find this fascinating thats all. Never did a guarantee booking before. It is like gambling. :D

If you log into your booking, then you log out, you often will not be able to log back into it for twenty to thirty minutes. If someone at Celebrity has logged into your booking and logged out, you also may not be able to log in for the same twenty to thirty minutes.

If someone at Celebrity is currently logged into your booking, you will not be able to log in at the same time. And vice versa applies: if you are logged into your booking, Celebrity cannot log into it at the same time.

In each of those cases, you will see the message:

Well i can say that nobody from celebrity was modifying our reservation or assigning a cabin. We are still cabinless. :eek:

there are still some cabins still avail. and the ship does not sail for another 6 days. I see they have raised the prices again, so this will slow down or stop any more reservations over the weekend. They will most likely be upgrading existing bookings with cabin assignments and when they have those lower tiers done, then they will assign the cabins for the lowest tier guarantees not assigned. You may not see an assignment for several more days.

there are still some cabins still avail. and the ship does not sail for another 6 days. I see they have raised the prices again, so this will slow down or stop any more reservations over the weekend. They will most likely be upgrading existing bookings with cabin assignments and when they have those lower tiers done, then they will assign the cabins for the lowest tier guarantees not assigned. You may not see an assignment for several more days.

I been watching the prices and the cabins available. It is changing EVERY single day. Sometimes they have insides available and sometimes they don't. I take it this is what you are talking about. That being they are upgrading existing reservations and opening up other cabins.

On the other hand....why raise prices so close to sailing? Why not give great deals now and fill up the ship?

I been watching the prices and the cabins available. It is changing EVERY single day. Sometimes they have insides available and sometimes they don't. I take it this is what you are talking about. That being they are upgrading existing reservations and opening up other cabins.

On the other hand....why raise prices so close to sailing? Why not give great deals now and fill up the ship?

well, there may be others like you with paid guarantee reservations waiting for room assignments. So maybe the ship is almost full, if so they might raise prices.

Archived