New Dining Packages on Oasis and Allure

Jimbo

Aboard Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas, guests have a choice of three dining packages.

The Central Park Dining Package, at $65 per guest, includes Giovanni’s Table Italian Trattoria, 150

Central Park fine-dining restaurant and Chops Grille steakhouse, all located in the ship’s lush Central

Park neighborhood.

The Chef’s Dining Package, at $120 per guest, includes the five-course, gourmet

Chef’s Table and wine pairing, 150 Central Park and Chops Grille.

The Choice Dining Package

includes Chops Grille, Giovanni’s Table and a choice of Izumi Asian Cuisine or Solarium Bistro

aboard Oasis of the Seas ($50 per guest) or Samba Grill Brazilian steakhouse aboard Allure of the Seas

($55 per guest.)

-

The packages save at least 25% compared to paying individual cover charges.

Jimbo:)

Aboard Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas, guests have a choice of three dining packages.

The Central Park Dining Package, at $65 per guest, includes Giovanni’s Table Italian Trattoria, 150

Central Park fine-dining restaurant and Chops Grille steakhouse, all located in the ship’s lush Central

Park neighborhood.

The Chef’s Dining Package, at $120 per guest, includes the five-course, gourmet

Chef’s Table and wine pairing, 150 Central Park and Chops Grille.

The Choice Dining Package

includes Chops Grille, Giovanni’s Table and a choice of Izumi Asian Cuisine or Solarium Bistro

aboard Oasis of the Seas ($50 per guest) or Samba Grill Brazilian steakhouse aboard Allure of the Seas

($55 per guest.)

-

The packages save at least 25% compared to paying individual cover charges.

That is good news Jimbo. Thanks for letting us know.

Excellent deal, and excellent value, I hope this style of package spreads across the fleet and is featured more on new or refurbed ships.

On the ships with the biggest dining options, I think there should be an option to speciality dine every night, and to not be included in the MDR at all.

That way people can choose to enjoy the better food offered in these areas, whilst others can continue to be offered a better overall cruise price, if they do not want to use the upgraded dining options. Although such options must not push down the overall quality of food in the non premium areas.

How do all the dining options on Oasis and Allure impact seating in the MDR? We've always enjoyed getting to know our tablemates, but with all these other venues, do you get the chance to dine with the same people regularly?

We were disappointed on our recent Enchantment sailing that our table of 6 (3 couples) only ate together twice. DH & I ate alone twice. I was wishing we'd chosen MTD so that we could have table mates! That is one of the reasons I will choose MTD on Oasis in March. We will likely also choose one of these dining packages. For those who have eaten at some of these specialty restaurants on Oasis, any recs on which package to choose?

Is this posted on RCL's website anywhere?

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Onboard_Experience/11026932_Specialty_Dining_Packages.pdf

This might be helpful also to see the money you are saving on each plan that is offered:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Onboard_Experience/11026679_Dining_Guide.pdf

When I inquired about these dining packages for our upcoming Allure cruise I was informed that there were limitations in terms of the days we could book the restaurants -- for example we wanted to go to Chops on the Tuesday and were told that day was not available as part of the package. It seemed that what I would term as the less than preferred days i.e. the first day were days you could use the package in the specialty restaurants.

I would be wary about booking these packages relative to the days you can go to the specialty restaurants with these packages.

In my view when you delve into the fineprint the offer is not as attractive as it appears.

The way that I understood it was that you had to dine in one of the choices on Day 1, which you could pre book, but the other 2 choices had to be made while onboard. I decided that I would pay full price and go on the nights that coincided with the shows that I wanted to pre book.

I completely agree with Redhead, people who know these ships and especially savvy cruisers will dismiss this deal until they tweak the fine points.

Dining the first nite is not a problem, but to not be able to book additional times until you are onboard will be the clincher. I'll see how it plays out, but I would rather know I could have the desired times coinciding with my show reservations, over saving 25percent...JMHO

Can we purchase this onboard? I have already reserved my 2 restaurants and paid for them, now once I board, can I see if I can change? Lets say I must book the first night, and I have reserved 2 other nights, perhaps I could keep those days and time already reserved, and just pay the difference, hum...

newlu

WDavid is correct. We have already booked and paid for Ritas, Central Park150 and Giovanni's and then made show reservations accordingly. The packages did not let us have flexibility to keep our plans with minimum disruption. We could not have done Ritas on Day 1 and had to do another restaurant if we took the package. So, yes, the fine print may not be so appealing.

I keep going back and forth about whether to purchase the $70 Radiance package now or when we board.

According to the online instructions for Radiance....you are supposed to make your reservations for Chops immediately. The cruise is 18 nights...I'm not sure when we will wish to dine at Chops. :rolleyes:

I may just wait until we are onboard.....or I might book it and NOT make a reservation at Chops. After all...what can "they" really do if I don't make one. :D

Hey did anyone notice this in the second link :rolleyes:-

Reserved exclusively for suite guests, Pinnacle Club, Diamond & Diamond Crown

Umm ...Diamond Crown ?????

Liz, I didn't see the "Diamond Crown" notation until you mentioned it. So, may the speculation begin......could this be a new level between Pinnacle and Diamond Plus???? It would make sense because of the big gap between D+ and Pinnacle. Or is the notation just a typo / missed edit?????

Liz, I didn't see the "Diamond Crown" notation until you mentioned it. So, may the speculation begin......could this be a new level between Pinnacle and Diamond Plus???? It would make sense because of the big gap between D+ and Pinnacle. Or is the notation just a typo / missed edit?????

Hi Gary,

I just looked again...zoomed in to check better ...and it says -

*All prices shown are per person and are subject to change. Specialty beverages, beer, wine and soda are charged separately and are offered at current bar menu prices.

**Reserved exclusively for Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Crown & Anchor Society members, and select suite guests.

*** Reserved exclusively for suite guests, Pinnacle Club, Diamond & Diamond Crown

**** Complimentary except between midnight and 5 a.m. when a $3.95 late fee applies

The * I can see on the chart

The ** I can see two of them on the chart

The **** I can see on the chart

But can't see where *** is on the chart...so I am thinking Crown is a typo :confused:

Looking at the chart - at the bottom of the - note that the Wipe Out Cafe offers Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and that the Windjammer Cafe doesn't offer any meals. So much for proofreading - I think that RCCL needs to have some sort of review of all documents before they do any publishing. I do like the C&A level "Diamond Crown" a lot better than "Diamond Plus".....a Freudian slip????

They did print "Best Cruise Line Overall" - maybe it should have been "Overhaul".....just saying.

Archived