What time did you get to San Diego airport from Ensenada

knot knormal

We are on the Century from Hawaii that docks at Ensenada at 3 AM. The ship is offering free transfers to the San Diego airport, but recommends flights after 2 PM. Has anyone done this cruise from Hawaii before and what was your arrival time in SD? How soon did you get off the ship? Flights to the East Coast after 2 PM mean we get back at noon the next day, for the less expensive flights...I know, spend the night in a hotel, but after 7 nights in Oahu and a 13 night cruise, I want to get

home....any help?

Book an after-2pm flight. If you get to the airport earlier you might be able to get on an earlier flight. It might be possible that you could arrive earlier than noon (to get a 2pm flight) into San Diego but why chance it.

Getting off the ship is one thing going thru the border is another. Ensenada is a good hour or so south of the border. The San Ysidro border crossing is one of the busiest and can take a few hours go thru.

If cost is no object there are flights out of the Tijuana airport.

Somehow get to the airport (taxi or bus - at least an hour away from Ensenada) and fly international.

Might want to ask this on the Hawaii board.

I've never been able to understand why some cruiselines would disembark from Ensenada instead of finishing in San Diego or LA. If it's because of the PVSA, Princess and Holland make their service stop in Ensenada and then finish up the true round trip. I wouldn't want to finish an excellent cruise by having to sit on a bus for that long of time (especially if the border is jammed up with vehicles).

I've never been able to understand why some cruiselines would disembark from Ensenada instead of finishing in San Diego or LA. If it's because of the PVSA' date=' Princess and Holland make their service stop in Ensenada and then finish up the true round trip. I wouldn't want to finish an excellent cruise by having to sit on a bus for that long of time (especially if the border is jammed up with vehicles).[/quote']

This particular cruise starts in Honolulu and them re-positions to California, there is no way to make it round trip and still end up in the mainland. So the PVSA prevails. The only other option would be to backtrack to Fanning Island, and apparently the bus trip from Ensenada is preferable (at least to the cruise line).

Archived