If you change your mind about dining.....

Yo Eleven

If you prepaid for a specialty restaurant and then on the ship you want to cancel will you get a refund?

We did. We got a credit on our onboard account. We cancelled with more than the 24 hour notice they require so I don't know if you try to cancel within 24 hours what they would do.

Thanks for the replies. Here is the situation I am in and the reason for the thread. We booked last minute for a cruise on the Millenium. We like specialty dining. The $40 per person charge is well worth it. The problem is the only time we could reserve is 9:30pm. We rarely eat that late. We really want to try the Olympic restaurant but we may be too tired to eat that late. Everyday is different. So if we make the reservation now at 9:30 and decide at 6pm we want to eat early and cancel a few hours before would we be charged? I don't like the idea of paying for a reservation on a MAYBE we might go.

What would be even better is if we can just SHOW UP with no reservation at 6:00 pm and see if we can get a table? What is the chance of that happening??????

Thanks for the replies. Here is the situation I am in and the reason for the thread. We booked last minute for a cruise on the Millenium. We like specialty dining. The $40 per person charge is well worth it. The problem is the only time we could reserve is 9:30pm. We rarely eat that late. We really want to try the Olympic restaurant but we may be too tired to eat that late. Everyday is different. So if we make the reservation now at 9:30 and decide at 6pm we want to eat early and cancel a few hours before would we be charged? I don't like the idea of paying for a reservation on a MAYBE we might go.

What would be even better is if we can just SHOW UP with no reservation at 6:00 pm and see if we can get a table? What is the chance of that happening??????

With 3 hours notice I am betting that yes, you will be charged. However, go to the restaurant right after boarding and they likely have some times held back that were not bookable online and you may be able to change it then.

I would not bank on being able to walk in. I am sure some cruises you would be able to and some not, so it would be disappointing not to get to eat there at all.

I agree with Susie's comment. I would not just show up at 6:00pm

and hope there is availiblity.

I would go see the Maitr'd after you board the ship and speak with him

or whoever happens to be working the desk (one of his Assistants)

and find out what times are open. They usually leave spaces open as

not everyone chooses to book via the net.

We dined at specialty restaurants on Constellation, Millennium and Silhouette. We always eat at 6 PM and with out luck every time we dined the places were almost empty (just 2-3 tables besides us). But as previous posters said I would check the availability at least the day before.

Well I asked for advice and got it and will take it. I went ahead and booked the 9:30pm time (the only time available online) :eek:

It does say reservations must be canceled at least 24hrs in advance. But I figure and hope when we get to the ship early afternoon we will go the the restaurant and try to change it. I figure they will be more accomodating to someone who has a PAID reservation than someone who shows up with no reservation at all. I really don't want to miss this experience. I hope they can seat us earlier. Thanks for your replies here.

WHAT THE HECK??????

Okay, so I am nosey!!!!! I go back and see it the 9:30pm I booked sold out after I made the reservation. So for HAHA's I put in a request for the 7pm. The one I orginally wanted and you know what??????? IT WAS AVAILABLE!!!!!!!!!!! I don't understand it. It was NOT available when I tried for the past SEVERAL DAYS? But now it is after I book the 9:30 pm?????

So I get on the phone to call Celebrity and they are closed today. So you know what? I made ANOTHER reservation and paid for another dinner on my credit card so I can capture that 7pm time. I will then cancel the 9:30pm one obviously. We so don't want to eat at that time.

So I ask you? Is this a computer glitch????? Did someone by coincidence cancel the 7pm right after I booked the 9:30pm? I simply don't understand it. But I am happy I got a 7pm reservation though even though I also have a 9:30pm at this time waiting to be canceled when they open again.

Archived