Miami Hotel with free Parking & Shuttle??

AmandaKaye79

Can anyone direct me to a Miami hotel that is decent that offers free parking and a shuttle to the port? I have checked several hotels near the port that are charging $150 or more per night and then $25-30 for parking per night. Our cruise is 8 nights and that cost for parking would be outrageous. Please help!!

I tried that. It only gave me five choices: Hampton Inn-Airport, Westin Element Airport, Quality Inn, Holiday Inn Express Airport, etc. That really doesn't help. I was hoping to hear from someone that had used a package for park and cruise and let me know if the hotel was good and if the shuttle was on time, parking safe, etc...

Only hotels out near the MIA airport will offer cruise parking deals - check out the Embassy Suites, and (in the Blue Lagoon neighborhood) the Hampton Inn and the Homewood Suites. If a "free" shuttle is not included in your package a taxi to POM would only cost $25-30 (for the cab, not per person). Most hotels can set you up with a shared shuttle to POM for about $10-12 per person.

A budget option you might look at is the La Quinta East near MIA - it gets mixed reviews but seems to be good enough for lots of cruisers and includes a free shuttle to POM. Good luck! :)

I tried that. It only gave me five choices: Hampton Inn-Airport, Westin Element Airport, Quality Inn, Holiday Inn Express Airport, etc. That really doesn't help. I was hoping to hear from someone that had used a package for park and cruise and let me know if the hotel was good and if the shuttle was on time, parking safe, etc...

What do you mean by a "good" hotel??

You may be better off getting a nice hotel near the port of Miami on Priceline, Hotwire or Lastminutetravel, and pay to park at the port.

Another option is to rent a car for your drive down to Miami and then turn it in just before the cruise. The cost may turn out to be less than paying for parking.

Edited by Marie51

By good, I just mean in a safe neighborhood, clean, and overall nice environment. The Port of Miami hotels are nice, but I can't justify paying $25-$30 a day to park there plus the $150-300 per night they charge you to stay at their hotel. Parking at the port isn't an option since our cruise is 8 nights, we would pay 9 days parking with the new rules. That would cost $180 in parking alone.

I have looked into the Holiday Inn Express at Miami Airport. They offer a cruise package with parking 14 nights, breakfast for 2, and a shuttle for 2 to the cruise port. The cost is $139 per night. That is less that the charge for just parking at the port. Have any of you had experience with this hotel or another one close to the airport.

I've stayed at the Miami Laquinta before back in November 2010. It was just OK. The planes fly in at all hours and you don't get much sleep because it is right over you. In addition, if you arrive late, as we will, the shuttle is backed up. We were not able to get on a shuttle list until 2pm.

...The planes fly in at all hours and you don't get much sleep because it is right over you. In addition, if you arrive late, as we will, the shuttle is backed up. We were not able to get on a shuttle list until 2pm.

Exactly.... another vote for parking at the POM. After disembarking you can get right into your car and drive away. To me, that's worth it. :)

You could look into cheaper hotels near FLL, PBI, or even farther north - Orlando is only 3.5 hours away -- get a cheap hotel there and then park at POM.

I'm not familiar with the Holiday Inn you mentioned; no luck with Blue Lagoon (Sofitel, Homewood Suites, Hampton Inn) area hotels? :confused:

I'm also searching for a solution to park our car and am considering just spending the night in Miami pre-cruise. Not sure yet. Anyway, here's what I found on Stay123 --

HYATT PLACE, Miami Cruiseport Airport - Free Parking - $169

• Stay Park Cruise and Save
  • One Night Hotel Accommodation
  • Free Extended Parking
  • FREE SHUTTLE TO AND FROM CRUISEPORT FOR TWO, ADD'L PERSON CHARGE IS $10 EACH WAY...FREE SHUTTLE TO AND FROM AIRPORT.
    Free parking up to 14 days
    Free breakfast. Free internet
    Maximum per room occupancy is 4 people

RED ROOF INN, Miami Cruiseport Airport - Free Parking - $124

• Free Extended Parking
  • Free parking up to 14 days.
    Free breakfast
    Free internet
    FREE SHUTTLE DROP OFF TO CRUISEPORT. FREE ROUND TRIP AIRPORT SHUTTLE.

FAIRFIELD INN & SUITES, Miami Cruiseport Airport - Free Parking - $139

• Free Extended Parking
  • Free parking up to 14 days
    Free breakfast
    Free Internet
    SHUTTLE TO CRUISEPORT IS AVAILABLE AT $10 PER PERSON ONE WAY.
    SHUTTLE TO AND FROM AIRPORT IS FREE

HAMPTON INN, Miami Cruiseport Airport - Free Parking - $135

• Free Extended Parking
    Free breakfast
    Free Internet
    Cruiseport shuttle is available at $12 per person one way. Shuttle to and from airport is free.

QUALITY INN, Miami Cruiseport Airport - Free Parking - $139

• Free Extended Parking
    Free breakfast
    Free internet
    FREE SHUTTLE TO CRUISEPORT FOR TWO PEOPLE. EACH ADD'L PERSON SHUTTLE CHARGE IS $10.00

HOWARD JOHNSON PLAZA MIAMI, Miami Cruiseport Airport - Free Parking - $99

• Free Extended Parking
  • Free long term parking. Cruiseport shuttle is available at cost. Shuttle to airport is free. Full service hotel.

HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS, Miami Cruiseport Airport - Free Parking - $139

• Free Extended Parking
    Free shuttle to MIA airport.
    Shuttle to Cruiseport is available at $10.00 per person one way.
    Free hot breakfast. Free wifi.
    Out door heated pool.
    Fitness center. Free wifi
    Sncak Shop. Business center.

Tara- Those are the same ones I found. However, if you go to Stay123, you will get the same choices and the rate is cheaper... For example, the Holiday Inn Express that I am considering is only 109 on the Stay123 website instead of 139 on the parksleepfly. Please let me know what you decide. I am still debating and reading on trip advisor about these hotels. It looks like most of them are 15-20 miles from the Port of Miami

Tara- Those are the same ones I found. However, if you go to Stay123, you will get the same choices and the rate is cheaper... For example, the Holiday Inn Express that I am considering is only 109 on the Stay123 website instead of 139 on the parksleepfly. Please let me know what you decide. I am still debating and reading on trip advisor about these hotels. It looks like most of them are 15-20 miles from the Port of Miami

The ones I posted are all from Stay123. It must be different because of the dates. I'm looking at Feb 10, 2012. All options seem to be either unsafe or too expensive, so we're now leaning toward parking at the port.

We live in FL, so we really just need a place to park our car while on the cruise. However, there is no off-site lot that appears safe. We've researched limo services, shuttles, and taxi cabs from our home to the port and we're looking at $230-$400 round trip depending on which we choose. Nuts! The cost to park at the port will be $140, which is still baffling to us, so we thought perhaps it would be better to just stay in Miami for the night and use a hotel's free shuttle, but in the end, it ends up being more expensive because we need to tack on another $60/night for our dog sitter.

This is the first time we've flown out of Miami as residents of FL and it's proving to be cost-prohibitive unless we were on a 14-nighter. For a 7-nighter, there just aren't a lot of good options out there.

I hope you're able to figure something out. Before we lived here, we stayed at La Quinta East and it was fine, and we also stayed in South Beach and just took a cab to the port. Our favorite though was probably the Doubletree. We got a great deal on Priceline.

Good luck and please post what you end up doing so others can hopefully benefit! :)

I know the port parking is unreal. They now charge you for the day you leave as well, so we would end up paying 9 days parking which totals 180 for the trip.

I am leaning towards the Holiday Inn Express Miami Doral Airport Area. It seems to have good reviews on Trip Advisor and the rate is only $109 per night for July when we are traveling.

I know the port parking is unreal. They now charge you for the day you leave as well, so we would end up paying 9 days parking which totals 180 for the trip.

I am leaning towards the Holiday Inn Express Miami Doral Airport Area. It seems to have good reviews on Trip Advisor and the rate is only $109 per night for July when we are traveling.

What?! That is insane! I know it' $20/day (expensive!), but why would they charge for the day you leave? So, a 7-night cruise will cost 8 days. That's nuts. Unfortunately, we still haven't found any better options though. :(

Travlgirl....Have you looked at parking long term at MIA and cabbing it to the port? Not sure how those numbers would work for you. But it's a set cab rate to the port from MIA.

I'd spend the night at a hotel with a parking package.

Wow you pay a whole lot for dogsitting! We run around $35 a day here. Perhpas you can work something out to save money on that obligation?

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at the Hampton Inn and Hilton Garden Inn near the airport (Doral) for the park and shuttle to the port. Both hotels are nice and in a decent part of town. They are about 8 to 10 miles from the port. The shuttle is included to the port but not from the port. The price for the return shuttle was $14 per person. Take the shuttle a taxi is about $45. Parking is included in the package, although both hotels have free parking on site. FYI the Hilton Garden Inn is at the end of the runway and planes come in right on top of it.

Hello Trav & Amanda, my sister and I are having the same issue (cruising 9/29/12). She lives in Tampa so, it's too far to have someone drive us & drop us off, so we're also struggling w/ the hotel/parking situation. Parking at MIA airport for economy is $8/day and the taxi is 24.00 flat rate one way. So total would be around $110 w/ tip for cabbie. What worries me is what is the cab fare BACK to the hotel, since most of the hotels in the area only offer shuttle TO the port. I've found that most cabs are charging about $2.50 to start then $2.50/mile (estimate on taxifarefinder.com). This is SUPER frustrating for 2 girls trying to pick the safest route. We may just drive down the day of and park at POM garage and say "Forget it!". We've never had this much of an issue trying to find transport to/from the port!!!

If you do one of the hotel park/sleep/cruise you can get the drivers business card and call when you come back and they will bring you back to the hotel. It's like $15 per person I believe. We've done that the past two years and it's been pretty nice. The hotels also include breakfast in their price.

If you do one of the hotel park/sleep/cruise you can get the drivers business card and call when you come back and they will bring you back to the hotel. It's like $15 per person I believe. We've done that the past two years and it's been pretty nice. The hotels also include breakfast in their price.

Instead of waiting for the driver, a taxi from POM to any MIA area hotel (where the parking deals are offered) will cost just under $30 including tip for up to 4 passengers. :cool:

Good luck! :)

I found this info on another thread by someone who's having the same problems, so thank you BadKitteh for this:

The new Comfort Suites Miami Airport North offers shuttle for the airport and POM for free. They also have a cruise package including a bottle of wine. Hotel is only 3 months old.

http://www.comfortsuites.com/hotel-miami_springs-florida-FLB13

after you go to the page, look for Specials ^ there are a few packages^ if you can't get the link to work, Google the hotel name & click on specials. Considering this now too...

I'm also searching for a solution to park our car and am considering just spending the night in Miami pre-cruise. Not sure yet. Anyway, here's what I found on Stay123 --

HYATT PLACE, Miami Cruiseport Airport - Free Parking - $169

• Free Extended Parking
  • FREE SHUTTLE TO AND FROM CRUISEPORT FOR TWO, ADD'L PERSON CHARGE IS $10 EACH WAY...FREE SHUTTLE TO AND FROM AIRPORT.
    Free parking up to 14 days
    Free breakfast. Free internet
    Maximum per room occupancy is 4 people

RED ROOF INN, Miami Cruiseport Airport - Free Parking - $124

• Free Extended Parking
    Free breakfast
    Free internet
    FREE SHUTTLE DROP OFF TO CRUISEPORT. FREE ROUND TRIP AIRPORT SHUTTLE.

FAIRFIELD INN & SUITES, Miami Cruiseport Airport - Free Parking - $139

• Free Extended Parking
    Free breakfast
    Free Internet
    SHUTTLE TO CRUISEPORT IS AVAILABLE AT $10 PER PERSON ONE WAY.
    SHUTTLE TO AND FROM AIRPORT IS FREE

HAMPTON INN, Miami Cruiseport Airport - Free Parking - $135

• Free Extended Parking
    Free breakfast
    Free Internet
    Cruiseport shuttle is available at $12 per person one way. Shuttle to and from airport is free.

QUALITY INN, Miami Cruiseport Airport - Free Parking - $139

• Free Extended Parking
    Free breakfast
    Free internet
    FREE SHUTTLE TO CRUISEPORT FOR TWO PEOPLE. EACH ADD'L PERSON SHUTTLE CHARGE IS $10.00

HOWARD JOHNSON PLAZA MIAMI, Miami Cruiseport Airport - Free Parking - $99

• Free Extended Parking
  • Free long term parking. Cruiseport shuttle is available at cost. Shuttle to airport is free. Full service hotel.

HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS, Miami Cruiseport Airport - Free Parking - $139

• Free Extended Parking
    Free shuttle to MIA airport.
    Shuttle to Cruiseport is available at $10.00 per person one way.
    Free hot breakfast. Free wifi.
    Out door heated pool.
    Fitness center. Free wifi
    Sncak Shop. Business center.

thanks for posting this...I will be searching for a hotel for our Christmas cruise..12/23/12 and this is going to be a big help!:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...