Parking at Park-n-go at Fort Lauderdale

irishgal432

has anyone parked at the Park-n-go to get to the port. If so, was it a hassle and time consuming after the cruise to get back to the shuttle?

I parked there in April. The shuttle bus picks you up at your car, takes you to & from the ship and brings you back to your car. It was very convenient, without wasting too much time. Enjoy your cruise.

They are great. We used them twice once in November and again this month. It was our first off site parking experience and we were very pleased, especially since they are doing all kinds of construction right now right outside the port entrance where Park n Go is located.

Just off ALLURE Dec 25. We used Park and Go from the Hampton Inn about 5 minutes from Port. They had beautiful rooms, a hot breakfast and the cutest vans all decorated with flamingoes! The vans were big (there were 4 of them) with plenty of room for luggage. You sign up for a time to get on the van so you know you have a spot. Then, upon return, you call the hotel and the van was waiting for us when we got our luggage. We would do this again!

Just used Park n Go for our Oasis trip last week. I have to say the drop off was great. We pulled into the Park n Go. We pulled out our luggage. They put it into their shuttle van and we got in the van. They used a road that had no traffic on it to get to the port. We were dropped off right where porters were. After the cruise I was surprised we had to wait for a shuttle to return. But one came within about 20 minutes after I called. I would have thought they would have more circling through at that time. Maybe it was just bad timing.

A couple of things to be warned about:

1. It is a half valet service. You leave them your key and they park your vehicle. The lot is very crowded and everything is triple, quadruple, etc parked in front of each other. Basically they must move cars all day/week long in order to place the cars to be picked up out and ready to drive off. When we were dropped off our at our van was out ready to be driven off. They drop you right off at your car. While this was great, if I was driving a high end vehicle, I might be worried about leaving it with them in such a congested lot. But I had no concerns with our Sienna van. They certainly seemed to know what they were doing. Even got free bottled water as we exited.

2. When they drop you off at the pier, be careful if they remove your luggage from the van. The porters may wisk it away. We "lost" a piece of our luggage only to find that the porter presumably saw the tag and already had it on a cart. Just be careful to keep track of everything. Presumably the porters will only take a piece that has a tag on it and not your carry-ons. Just be aware of this.

With all this said we would definitely used them again. I think I paid $50 some for the parking for the 7-day cruise. We only had to tip the shuttle driver, not the fellows who help you put your luggage in the shuttle. At least that is what that guy told me when I tried to tip him.

Just off ALLURE Dec 25. We used Park and Go from the Hampton Inn about 5 minutes from Port. They had beautiful rooms, a hot breakfast and the cutest vans all decorated with flamingoes! The vans were big (there were 4 of them) with plenty of room for luggage. You sign up for a time to get on the van so you know you have a spot. Then, upon return, you call the hotel and the van was waiting for us when we got our luggage. We would do this again!

Just for clarity's sake, you are talking about a hotel package, while the OP is asking about a parking lot called "Park N Go", which is right outside the port gates.

OP, you can save a little on the parking by reserving online at http://offairportparking.com/portevg/

Archived