Soda card worth the money?

Soda card is for fountain drinks and can be used anywhere on the ship, I think. When I drank a lot of Diet Coke, it was worth the money. Now that I'm a once in a while soda drinker, I prefer buying it a can at a time.

Is the soda card worth the money? Is it just for fountain drinks? Can you use in anywhere in the ship? Thinking about it as I am a big soda drinker. It is my source of caffine.

From our experience it is just for fountain drinks all over the ship. Never used it for Room service. To us it is well worth the money and not having to sign and add a 15% tip each soda.

Is the soda card worth the money? Is it just for fountain drinks? Can you use in anywhere in the ship? Thinking about it as I am a big soda drinker. It is my source of caffine.

I believe the breakpoint is 4 sodas per day. In other words, if you would be buying 4 or more sodas per day, then it's cheaper to get the soda card.

Thinking about buying the soda card for my upcoming cruise since I'm a diet soda addict. I have a bunch of OBC. Will they be selling the soda package once I get onboard so I can use my OBC to buy it? I seem to remember they did on my last cruise but not sure . . .

Thinking about buying the soda card for my upcoming cruise since I'm a diet soda addict. I have a bunch of OBC. Will they be selling the soda package once I get onboard so I can use my OBC to buy it? I seem to remember they did on my last cruise but not sure . . .

They will be. Typically right by where you enter the ship and by the WJ.

From my past cruises you can buy it before you board or on board and during the cruise any time. .

On Allure you could buy the package any time, but you only got the free collector/cooler cup if you bought it on the first day of your cruise.

Some people were mistaken thinking that you *had* to have the special cup in order to utilize the card, but you can actually just go anywhere that serves soda and flash your card and get a regular glass.

I bought it, and I bought one for my son - my daughter and wife are not big soda drinkers and were satisfied with other free options. I probably drank 8-10 cups a day so it was worth it for me, and I think they had to fly in more Coka syrup in the middle of our cruise given how much my son consumed. :p

So yeah, definately worth it if you drink enough to pass the break-point. Not having the hassle of having to swipe your seapass (and feel sort of obligated to tip a little on each soda purchase as well) was also a big plus for me.

Yes, it applies to anywhere on the ship. Room Service isn't included. Actually the dining room is the best place because once you have shown your waiter or assistant waiter your card, they will start brining you your soda and keep it coming for the remainder of the cruise. Sooo great. Happy Cruising!

its a convenience thing more than worth it. I filled my cup up everytime I passed a station or bar. I don't think I ever had warm pop since I was always refilling. the good thing about using it in the dining room was after the first night it was always waiting for me. I never had to ask for a soda.

I've only been on two RCI ships - (Legend 2 1/2 years ago and Oasis in Nov.). I ended up buying it the first day on the LOS because I didn't like the free options - lemonade and American ice tea (in Canada we drink what you call sweet tea). I got the soda card before my Oasis cruise and didn't use it very often because the free options (four types of flavored water) were actually quite good.

You can use it in the dinning room - in fact our assistant waiter had a glass of coke waiting for us every evening at the table.

If you're a big soda drinker, then I'd say it's definitely worth the money.

We always buy the soda pass, but for some reason, we never buy it in advance, only once onboard, and our OBC covers it.

We never carry our mugs around. We used to just pack them up as souvenirs... then we found out that they actually work really well for mixed drinks! :D

Does anyone have a pic of the soda cups/mugs you get with the pass?

There were several designs..this is one, I'll see if I can dig up the others:

671012.jpg

Edit: Here's another, the one I picked:

phpqyjJNB.jpg

Edit again: And another. Clearly there are lots of different designs, although the first two designs are what they had on Allure when we sailed.

4351283-My_Royal_Caribbean_Soda_Cup_Nassau.jpg

How much is the soda card?

I think it depends on the length of the cruise but the offered price on my 8 day is 64.00 for the trip. That averages out to be four times a day. If you drink less it would not be worth more it would. Guess I could get one and see how much i use this trip.

The cup also keeps the soda colder than a glass;also bigger:D

Mine never stayed full long enough to justify me carrying it around unless I knew I was going somewhere soda wasn't readily available. Eventually I just left it in our stateroom most of the time and picked up a quick glass here and a quick glass there, downing them pretty quickly and leaving the glass behind.

Archived