Carnival Glory

csmjfmbe

Dear All

We are thinking of a cruise from New York to Canada next autumn on the Carnival Glory.

The reviews of the Glory are very wide ranging, has anyone been on the Glory and willing to offer any advice?

All the best

Mike

I've sailed on the Glory 4 times and loved every trip.

Reviews both negative and positive are just opinions and shouldn't be given too much consideration. What bothers some people may or maynot have any impact on you and your cruise. No 2 consecutive weeks on the same ship are the same, they each have their own unique mix of people, problems, weather etc....

I spend quite a lot of time reading member reviews because I think the bad ones are hillarious. But the bad reviews of any ship and any line are far fewer than the good reviews.

We've done the summer (4 and 5 day) Canada cruises six times, twice on Glory. It's a very different type of cruise - the weather can be sunny and warm one day, cloudy and cool the next. You can have fog. Twice we cruised over Labor Day weekend and both times we ran into foul weather (Tropical Storm Eduardo in 2006, Hurricane Earl in 2010). Other times we've had beautiful weather. The "late night deck party" is likely to be in the atrium instead of on the Lido deck. However, we love doing this cruise - the sailaway from NYC alone is worth doing.:cool: My reviews are at http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=members&MemberName=nybumpkin.

I will also be on the Sept. cruise. Have you been on a New England/Canada cruise before? This is be our 1st time with this destination. I am looking for any information you might already have.

Thanks

Dear jercat

Sorry we have not been on a New England cruise before but really fancy it.

Someone else has posted on this thread and has posted a very good and interesting review.

All the best and I hope you have a great cruise, we will be the cruise on either the 8th or 15th of September.

Mike

I've sailed on the Glory 4 times and loved every trip.

Reviews both negative and positive are just opinions and shouldn't be given too much consideration. What bothers some people may or maynot have any impact on you and your cruise. No 2 consecutive weeks on the same ship are the same, they each have their own unique mix of people, problems, weather etc....

I spend quite a lot of time reading member reviews because I think the bad ones are hillarious. But the bad reviews of any ship and any line are far fewer than the good reviews.

You are quite correct, we have been on flawless cruises and then read terrible reviews about the same voyage.

Thanks for your reply.

We've done the summer (4 and 5 day) Canada cruises six times, twice on Glory. It's a very different type of cruise - the weather can be sunny and warm one day, cloudy and cool the next. You can have fog. Twice we cruised over Labor Day weekend and both times we ran into foul weather (Tropical Storm Eduardo in 2006, Hurricane Earl in 2010). Other times we've had beautiful weather. The "late night deck party" is likely to be in the atrium instead of on the Lido deck. However, we love doing this cruise - the sailaway from NYC alone is worth doing.:cool: My reviews are at http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=members&MemberName=nybumpkin.

Dear mybumpkin

Thank you for the reply and the link to the superb review, we are now sold and will be going on the Glory in September.

If ANYONE wants to do zip-lining at Costa Maya I just spoke with Otto at Costa Maya Tours. He indicated that he can book you last minute with the park. ($89 per person)

Apparently, no one at Costa Maya knows we are coming. My sister encountered the same problem while speaking with the owner of Tropicante. Carnival has yet to confirm that we are going to dock there.

Since I cannot post the web address or email, just google Costa Maya Tours and choose the Biomaya Jungle Canopy Zipline Tour or call the number below and speak with Otto.

USA (813) 435-3148

MEX (983) 106 4647

Archived