How far in advance can you book?

holdon216

We are already booked for this July, 2012. I was just checking out the Carnival site. (hate the new site BTW) for July of 2013. Just curious on prices. but they are only showing fares till April 2013. How far in advance can you book and would you have to call Carnival to get the rates further out? TY

I usually try and book as far out as possibe. We booked April 2013 when they came out in spring of 2011.:cool:

we are booked for February 2013 on Ruby Princess. Booked about 6 months ago.

THe only problem with booking that far in advance-- they can and do change the stuff on you.

We were scheduled to sail the Valor in February 2012. Booked 18 months ahead. THey changed the ports and made it to a 6 day cruise.

We were able to change to another ship at a different time though./

Just be aware that stuff happens

Although there are exceptions, typically about 12-13 months ahead is about as far ahead as you can book. If you have specific dates in mind, the earlier you can book the better. That way, you can make bi-weekly or monthly payments on your cruise, rather than have to come up with the money all at once. However, as some have already said, itineraries can change, and some ships may get switched around. We booked a 7-day Western Caribbean on the Carnival Valor back in April 2011 for May 2012. About two weeks after we booked the cruise, Carnival notified us that they had switched Valor's itinerary with the Liberty. As it turned out, that worked out to be a good thing for us, since the Liberty was the first ship to get the 2.0 upgrades (Yay!). Guess we'll have to booked the Valor for another cruise (oh darn!:rolleyes:).

On NCL you can currently book 12/2014 cruises, talk about a long wait..lol

Is that December of 2014? Or 12 cruises in 2014, which works out to be once a month. That'd be cool, if we could hit the lottery and then retire early:rolleyes::D.

You mentioned about a "pack n go" what is that?

Pack n go rates are usually offered on Wednesdays. They are cheaper rates for cabins unsold right before a cruise - could be a month or less before. CCL uses them to dump the cabins at a (usually nice) discount so they sail full.

We booked almost 18 months out. And, my anxiety level is already off the charts. I'm going through the "what ifs" and find myself on cruise critic at least twice a day. On the lighter side, the rate was great and I was able to select the cabin I wanted.

We will soon (in 16 days) have our third Carnival cruise. All three have been booked 1 year in advance. I have always put Fun Dollars down for OBC. I always over estimate what we will be needing. So with the check I get on the last night of the cruise - that's the next year's deposit :D

Archived