FLL Berth 21 Elite entrance

azseas

We leave in a few days for the Grand out of FLL. It will be located at berth 21. Does this passenger area have a separate elite/preferred entrance similar to Berth 2 passenger area? Thank you!

If it is the pier it usually leaves from there is an entrance to the right of the main entrance. You just show you preferred boarding pass and go right in. I don't remember the number of the berth, but I've been through there several times and there was always a separate entrance.

We sailed Princess from terminal 21 at Port Everglades last Christmas. There is no separate elite/platinum entrance like there is at terminal 2. They do set aside a part of the waiting room for elite/platinum, and you will board first. Hope that helps.

We sailed Princess from terminal 21 at Port Everglades last Christmas. There is no separate elite/platinum entrance like there is at terminal 2. They do set aside a part of the waiting room for elite/platinum, and you will board first. Hope that helps.

Yes it does infi. I had a feeling there was no separate entrance as there is at berth 2. So we will arrive really early then so we do not have to wait as long outside in the entrance line to go through security.

Yes it does infi. I had a feeling there was no separate entrance as there is at berth 2. So we will arrive really early then so we do not have to wait as long outside in the entrance line to go through security.

They actually they don't use the separate entrance any longer at terminal #2 or they didn't the last 2 times we were there- April & Nov. Everyone goes in the same door & there's just a separate waiting area for Platinum & Elite.

It's get so crowded in that area lately I'm sure it won't be long before they segregate those categories also.

We used terminal 21, but when we arrived it was just one line snaking out the door, but it moved very quickly. Once through security we had the priority check-in line, but it was no faster/slower than the regular line. There was a priority waiting area inside had we arrived in time to use it. Upon our return, we did see a handful of pax waiting on line to enter on the right (vs. the main entrance on the left, as one faces the terminal from the road) around 9:15 in the morning. They may have been using a priority line, but I did not stop to ask in all the bustle of debarkation.

Does anyone know which pier the Grand is docked at on Jan 14th?

Thanks Ontari Cruiser

I think I'm correct that the Crown is in port the same day and she most likely will be at #2 since she is the larger of the two. Check the site mentioned above or call the Harbormaster and they will tell you.

I think I'm correct that the Crown is in port the same day and she most likely will be at #2 since she is the larger of the two. Check the site mentioned above or call the Harbormaster and they will tell you.

Which berth also depends on how long the cruise is / how much

luggage they expect.

For instance, there isn't enough luggage space at berth 29 for

a 10-day grand class cruise -- so they will attempt to use berth

2 or 21 if possible.

Which berth also depends on how long the cruise is / how much

luggage they expect.

For instance, there isn't enough luggage space at berth 29 for

a 10-day grand class cruise -- so they will attempt to use berth

2 or 21 if possible.

Yes, but it still is a function of number of passengers as well. The original poster shows that they are on the Grand on a Saturday and that's a 7 day cruise. The Crown is in port both days as the Grand and also on a 7 day itinerary. The Crown is bigger than the Grand in number of passengers and normally the bigger ship gets #2 because of the capability of #2 to handle larger volumes of luggage.

Secondly, I really haven't seen an appreciable amount of increased luggage with a 10 day over a 7. Folks tend to use the same amount of luggage for both and cram in a couple more items to cover the extra days.

I would guess that the Grand will be at number 21 for both embarkation and disembarkation.

They actually they don't use the separate entrance any longer at terminal #2 or they didn't the last 2 times we were there- April & Nov. Everyone goes in the same door & there's just a separate waiting area for Platinum & Elite.

It's get so crowded in that area lately I'm sure it won't be long before they segregate those categories also.

We disembarked the Coral in FLL on Tuesday and by the time we left, passengers for the next cruise were already arriving. The signage for the separate entrances was up, and both were being used. Seems like it is hit or miss when they use it.

I was at Pier 29 at Thanksgiving. They didn't have a separate entrance and the security line for preferred passengers met with a line from the regular passenger line at the end. Also, everyone in a wheelchair was in the preferred line. In the end, the people in the regular line, who had several security agents, got through security much more quickly. After security, the elite windows to check in were much faster, so I guess it balanced out some.

I was at Pier 29 at Thanksgiving. They didn't have a separate entrance and the security line for preferred passengers met with a line from the regular passenger line at the end. Also, everyone in a wheelchair was in the preferred line. In the end, the people in the regular line, who had several security agents, got through security much more quickly. After security, the elite windows to check in were much faster, so I guess it balanced out some.

We've seen that as well. Our secret is to get there early (and often ;) ) to avoid the hassle. I'd rather wait in the lounge area than stand in line.

Archived