UBD Question

chippye

Thanks so much for the input. Are there specific times for dining UBD or can you request your own time.

When I did an UBD in Hawaii, it was available at 6:00 & 8:00 on the Golden but I have read that it may be at different times on other ships.

• 2 months later...
We can hardly wait for that aft - up until now we've only had insides and oceanview rooms, but we figured on the B2B in Europe a balcony was a must, and then we read about how much people enjoy the corner aft cabins and we were lucky enough to get it for both segments!:) Could be habit forming.:p

What is a corner aft cabin? We booked E729 which is the last cabin before the aft cabins, which has an extended balcony. Would the corner aft be the cabins on either side of the aft with the suites in the middle???

• 11 months later...

We are cruising to Alaska on Island Princess mid-May. Thinking about booking UBD breakfast one morning for anniversary. We are in a BB (balcony) category cabin on Aloha deck. Can anyone let us know what is included, cost, & will it be too cold outside to be for this cruise?

We are cruising to Alaska on Island Princess mid-May. Thinking about booking UBD breakfast one morning for anniversary. We are in a BB (balcony) category cabin on Aloha deck. Can anyone let us know what is included, cost, & will it be too cold outside to be for this cruise?

Most likely, too cold to be enjoyable.

On our pacific coast cruise up to Vancouver in Mid May 2009, we wanted to have a dinner on the balcony, however it was way too cold so we had it inside the cabin. Not quite the same experience tho....Good Luck!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same concerns regarding a Caribe balcony and the wind while at sea. I want to do the UBD early in the cruise so I can enjoy the flowers but we do not have a late departure until later in the cruise. Several posts make it sound doable but may mention the wind as a concern and the need to move inside.

Anyone out there that has done the UBD leaving Princess Cays?

Has anyone done this on a Caribe balcony (the covered area)? Was there a problem with wind or rain?

We had the UBD with a Caribe balcony twice...once in port while in Honolulu which was great & a late November sailaway from Santorini which we had in our cabin because it was too windy & cold.

Anyone ever switched the 2 drinks and champaigne for a bottle of wine?

On our most recent UBD we exchanged the included $32 half bottle of champagne for a full bottle of Kendall-Jackson Cabernet Sauvignon which also cost $32 & we still got our cocktails. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

• 4 weeks later...

Do you book this online or do it once on board(or either way)?

We are doing a 4 day Mexico, with stops at Catalina and Ensanada. Anyone done these ports and which port would you suggest(for the view) doing the UBD at? Thanks.

Tons of food with a plethora of fish.

I think its around $32?

Not my kind of breakfast.

We are doing a 4 day Mexico, with stops at Catalina and Ensanada. Anyone done these ports and which port would you suggest(for the view) doing the UBD at? Thanks.

You book the UBD once you are online.

You book it onboard but you can pre-pay for it by calling Princess. We did that once before learning it's not necessary unless someone wants to spread out their costs. If pre-paid there's a card in the cabin & instructions to reserve a date & time.

Edited by Astro Flyer

You book it onboard but you can pre-pay for it by calling Princess. We did that once before learning it's not necessary unless someone wants to spread out their costs. If pre-paid there's a card in the cabin & instructions to reserve a date & time.

Thank you!

Are there specific times for dining UBD or can you request your own time?

As recently as March 2013 on the Crown, times offered were 6:00 and 8:00.

We had an Aft cabin (so no wind), and had five to dine. So they set up two tables, brought double the champagne, and our fifth (my DD) ordered off room service and got a Mocktail with her UKP sticker.

(They only do the UBD in multiples of 2)

It was so nice. Only regrettable part was being a formal night, the Photographer was busy setting up portrait backdrops, and missed shooting us at Sunset.

A Dining Manager will come to your cabin and tell you everything you need to know, as he or she takes down your choices.

Oh, and this was the night I got my Escargot! Glad I remembered to ask!

• 2 years later...

I can't find the pictures, but I sent it to my parents as a gift, and they said that they enjoyed the hot foods, and saved the fruits and pastries for the next day; they loved it and thought it was DELICIOUS! (Plus the surprise factor was apparently a plus ;))