Just back from Coral Christmas/NYE cruise - any questions?

Infi

Thank you all for the information.

I just recalled that last time we sailed with Princess, they had some cocktails at half-price after 8 pm. Others on these boards mentioned that recently some ships started having special now around 4 or 5 pm.

Did you hear anything about this while on the Coral?

Chelsea

Thank you all for the information.

I just recalled that last time we sailed with Princess, they had some cocktails at half-price after 8 pm. Others on these boards mentioned that recently some ships started having special now around 4 or 5 pm.

Did you hear anything about this while on the Coral?

Chelsea

The power hours were from 4-7pm I believe (might have been 5-7pm, but definitely before 8pm). The standard list of happy hour drinks is still the same as before. There's a bar menu for these in every bar.

Hope all of that helped - have a great cruise!

Hi Infi. :) Nice to see you.:)

So glad you enjoyed your Coral Christmas/New Year’s cruise. She is my favorite ship; we have sailed on the Coral 3 times.

We were on the Coral for the 2010 Christmas full transit canal cruise (Fort Lauderdale to LA) and had a fabulous time plus loved the ship and the crew as usual.

Please tell your daughter hello. I'm looking forward to reading your review and hope to see some of her wonderful cruise pictures. :)

Best regards,

JeanneJ

Hi Jeanne, nice to hear from you. :) Hope you and yours are doing well. I didn't know you had done the Coral last year for Christmas. I loved the full transit also and I agree, she is a great ship. I see you were on the Sapphire for Christmas this year - hope you had a great time also. I know you are another Christmas cruising fan, so I'm sure it must have been really nice to spend Christmas in Hawaii. Take care.

• 9 months later...

I noticed that several have posted that they have been on numerous Christmas cruises, does Princess do special activites for Christmasor just another day on the ship? (I assume the ship has some Christmas decorations)

Lots of decorations and it snows in the atrium. There is a gingerbread house contest.

And special Xmas day dinner menu and Santa in the Atrium for kids during part of the day.

The decorations usually go up soon after USA Thanksgiving day.

• 2 weeks later...
We will be on the Coral for Christmas 2013. Are there many kids on board during the holidays? My son will be 12.5 at the time of cruising and will be the only child in our party of 6.

oodles

You can call Princess and ask how many kids will be in your son's general age range for your cruise.

We will be on the Coral for Christmas 2013. Are there many kids on board during the holidays? My son will be 12.5 at the time of cruising and will be the only child in our party of 6.

Call to find out for sure or ask your TA to do it. There will most likely be many, many kids. On our Coral cruise years ago during March (not Spring Break week!), we had over 750 kids. :eek::eek:

Archived