Sewage Odor on Nieuw Amsterdam

aaaaa

Good day, I'm curious to learn if others have experienced a sewage odor on the Nieuw Amsterdam. On our recent cruise, this odor was, at various times, noticeable to us in the staterooms, in the Culinary Center, and on the Lido-deck adult-pool area. This odor marred what was for the most part an enjoyable cruise and makes us reluctant to cruise on that ship again.

I've noticed it at least once on every ship I've been on, generally more to the aft of the ship though and only when I believe they were doing something with the sewage to make it disposable (or whatever the wording should be) either at sea or the next port.

I asked about it the one time I noticed it and was told by the Chief Engineer (Oosterdam) that that is why sometimes you will smell it. It did not linger and lasted only a few minutes when it did happen, THANK GOD!!

I've read here about some serious problems with sewage on other ships, in the past though:( But not on Nieuw Amsterdam!!!

Joanie

Archived