Upgrade to What?

crusinbanjo

Mrs Banjo & I are looking to book a Penthouse Suite on the Diamond cruising to Alaska on Sept 1.

When our TA was talking to Princess, they asked if we wanted a particular cabin, or would be be flexible with the possibility of a free upgrade. So my question is this, As I see it, there are only two other cabins that we could be upgraded into and both of them are sold out, (according to the website). Is it likely that we MIGHT get an upgrade? Or is this just a standard question that they ask?

Mrs Banjo & I are looking to book a Penthouse Suite on the Diamond cruising to Alaska on Sept 1.

When our TA was talking to Princess, they asked if we wanted a particular cabin, or would be be flexible with the possibility of a free upgrade. So my question is this, As I see it, there are only two other cabins that we could be upgraded into and both of them are sold out, (according to the website). Is it likely that we MIGHT get an upgrade? Or is this just a standard question that they ask?

I suspect that it happens less than 1% of the time. Those other 2 cabins tend to be the first to sell out and usually have a waitlist. Maybe if someone cancels at the very last minute. Enjoy your penthouse.

Congratulations on your suite. If you allow for possible upgrade, what's the worst that can happen? You get the Owner's Suite? Unlikely that it will happen, but might as well "allow"!:)

Archived