Anyone back from Xmas/new year cruise Marina

cruzadict

I have no data or facts but in reading his blog he stated that he was there with his family. Maybe there was a reason the staff did not address the children's behavior, or speak to the adults. Perhaps he has a different perspective on whether the children were unruly since I believe he is still in the parenting years.

I am curious, he has been so quiet , FDR tended to address concerns as they showed up on the board. Disappointed in the Pres so far. I hope there will not be any additional changes in the philosophy for Oceania. We are willing to pay the premium price for the peace and quiet.

Here's a copy of the email from the President of Oceania. By the way, his children, around 8 and 10, were very well-behaved.

Kunal.jpg I'm often asked what was my favorite cruise. With amazing itineraries to more than 330 ports around the world you might think that is a difficult question.

The answer is actually quite easy — my most recent one. I traveled on Marina's Holiday Sailing with my family and we had another memorable Oceania Cruises vacation. We enjoyed some truly unique experiences; the short hike through the rain forest in Martinique was at the top of the list. In this note I've highlighted some other cruises that are exceptional, in my view.

This May, you can island hop through the South Pacific on Regatta or cruise the Mediterranean when the weather is just perfect for touring. For those with the luxury of time, we still have some space this summer on a three-week roundtrip from London to the British Isles, Iceland and Greenland — some ports here are definitely on my bucket list! If you enjoy wine as I do, our late-July theme cruise will focus on Italian wines.

One thing is constant with all four of these itineraries... rest assured knowing that you will receive the Oceania Cruises Experience that you deserve.

Best regards,Kunal_signature.jpgKunal S. Kamlani

President, Oceania Cruises2 for 1 Cruise Fares

with FREE Airfare plus

Bonus Savings up to $3,000

per stateroom*Mediterranean Tapestry

Athens to Barcelona

May 2, 2012 | 10 Days

Onboard Marina

Veranda from $4,235 per guest*Polynesian Paradise

Papeete to San Francisco

May 3, 2012 | 21 Days

Onboard Regatta

Inside from $5,137 per guest*Viking Expeditions

London to London

July 3, 2012 | 21 Days

Onboard Nautica

Inside from $8,408 per guest*Italian Interludes

Italian Wine Immersion Cruise

Rome to Venice

July 27, 2012 | 12 Days

Onboard Regatta

Inside from $3,936 per guest*P.S. My favorite cruise will likely change because I'll be sailing again in May

Perhaps a couple of those rude, ill behaving rug rats were his!!!!

If you read redman florida's post just above yours, he states that the President's children were 8 and 10 and well behaved.

The Oceania Cruise experience is designed for the discerning adult traveler and I have no intention of changing it. That said, we do recognize that an increased number of guests choose to sail with their families during the holidays. Having sailed on the Marina December 22nd sailing, I had the opportunity to personally experience the joy of seeing families together during the holidays as well as the challenges that it can create. While our General Managers on all of our ships WILL and DO speak to parents when circumstances warrant it, we have implemented new procedures to ensure that children do not detract from the experience that our guests have come to expect from us. As always, thank you for your feedback and your loyalty.

KSK

While our General Managers on all of our ships WILL and DO speak to parents when circumstances warrant it, we have implemented new procedures to ensure that children do not detract from the experience that our guests have come to expect from us. As always, thank you for your feedback and your loyalty.

KSK

Welcome to Cruise Critic

Thank you for the update

we all love Oceania because of the limited children & smoking policies

So glad to hear the staff will have more authority to deal with unruly passengers of any age.

Hope to see more postings by you in the future

Lyn

KSK,

Thanks for you response. Can you please tell us what those procedures are?

Good Question, but I'd much rather know why he didn't implement them himself on the Marina in December.

Or how the GM's are supposed to address the discomfort of the parents of those kids who get "corrected" which is why nothing was done in the first place.

Good Question, but I'd much rather know why he didn't implement them himself on the Marina in December.

I agree. I found the news of Kamlani's presence on Marina more distressing than anything I've imagined up until now. I'd assumed that the on-board higher ups found themselves in a situation that was not planned for and, rather than do something that didn't have the approval of corporate, they did nothing. To learn that the CEO was on board Marina and the problem was allowed to continue without improvement is really, really depressing.

DH and I were on an exclusive line years ago, not O. We learned that the ship had been "rented" by a family reunion, after we boarded, so they were 70% of the ship.

One day we walked out on the deck to find some kids of the family playing with matches. We immediately alerted the crew, they attempted to question the boys but they said they weren't doing anything. Later in the week the father threatened us for "making" his kids look bad and lying. We finally had a talk with the Captain because we were now concerned and feeling uncomfortable.

The capt assured us we would be okay but for the rest of the trip we were wary of being in the same area with the family. Hard to do on a 130 person "sailing" vessel.

Tough situation for all involved. I know playing with matches is a far distance from unruly children but parents should take responsibility for what their kids are doing and not think that since they ship is self contained kids can do what they please.

Kibutzer,

You absolutely did the right thing. Your warning may have prevented those kids from further playing with matches and possibly causing a fire aboard ship. The parents were the ones who should have felt uncomfortable but, as usual, most parents think their issue is beyond reproach.

Archived