Newbie to NCL

vxv0409

I've sailed Royal Caribbean exclusively, but can you order multiple entrees for dinner, or get more than one if you're super hungry? Haha. We have done this a few times on RcCl..

In addition, what is the average age in the solo cabins if you've sailed? What is the age range?

Thank you!

Well of course you can order more than one entree, unless you are eating in a surcharge restaurant. You have unlimited options in any restaurant for appetizers and desserts.

I can't address the age of the solo cabins, the people who have posted on the EPIC have diverse ages from 20's-60's.

Well of course you can order more than one entree, unless you are eating in a surcharge restaurant. You have unlimited options in any restaurant for appetizers and desserts.

I can't address the age of the solo cabins, the people who have posted on the EPIC have diverse ages from 20's-60's.

Awesome! I figured it would be the same as rccl but wanted to double check!

Absolutely! Order to your hearts content in the MDRs. Even the in the pay restaurants on NCL we've ordered additional entrees for "appetizers" or to try. We're Emerald on RCI and have noticed that, depending on the length of the cruise, the average age tends to be younger on NCL. Shorter cruises on both lines tends to attract a younger crowd.

Absolutely! Order to your hearts content in the MDRs. Even the in the pay restaurants on NCL we've ordered additional entrees for "appetizers" or to try. We're Emerald on RCI and have noticed that, depending on the length of the cruise, the average age tends to be younger on NCL. Shorter cruises on both lines tends to attract a younger crowd.

Thank you very much. This will be my first time without RCCL so I'm a little skeptic because I LOVE them so I know what I expect. I'm hoping, and I assume, that NCL will be very comparable!

This is a very ridiculous question, in fact, I feel bad for asking...

For the account on the ship do I pay with US dollars, euros, what? If I use cash. Obviously a CC would work as well. Just figured I'd ask :)

We have also sailed on RCCL & NCL.

RCCL ships in general are bigger and offer more activities due to the promenade, but NCL is more of a relxed atmosphere. On NCL on formal night, a jacket and tie are not required. Also, on NCL dinner is whenever, but you may have to wait on a line since the entire ship may show up at the same time. If your in a suite you can bypass the line by just quietly flashing your room key.

We like the food at the buffet better on RCCL and the sitdown restaurants better on NCL.

The suites are BY FAR better on NCL, they blow RCCL suites away!!!

We also liked the quality of the less expensive wines on NCL, where on RCCL they were not to out liking (we love wine and go to Napa every other year).

RCCL has an adult pool area which doesn't exist on NCL except for the Epic. Even on the Epic the jacuzzi's are too small and are in direct sunlight. RCCL's setup is much better.

We hope this helps!

We have also sailed on RCCL & NCL.

RCCL ships in general are bigger and offer more activities due to the promenade, but NCL is more of a relxed atmosphere. On NCL on formal night, a jacket and tie are not required. Also, on NCL dinner is whenever, but you may have to wait on a line since the entire ship may show up at the same time. If your in a suite you can bypass the line by just quietly flashing your room key.

We like the food at the buffet better on RCCL and the sitdown restaurants better on NCL.

The suites are BY FAR better on NCL, they blow RCCL suites away!!!

We also liked the quality of the less expensive wines on NCL, where on RCCL they were not to out liking (we love wine and go to Napa every other year).

RCCL has an adult pool area which doesn't exist on NCL except for the Epic. Even on the Epic the jacuzzi's are too small and are in direct sunlight. RCCL's setup is much better.

We hope this helps!

That helps greatly. I really like all the comparisons you made. I love dinner at RCCL and knowing what time I sit, who my waiter is and that my drink is there waiting. I love it. But I'm willing - and EAGER - to try the Freestyle dining as well.

I am looking at the Norwegian Epic as my ship of choice. I have sailed on RCCL Explorer, Voyager, Liberty and Freedom so I'm hoping and expecting the Epic to be of similar comparison.

I appreciate the adivce/help!

As far as the ship waiting for you if you are on a ship purchased excursion, that is not always the case. I read on this board where several people missed Glacier Bay because they were on an excursion that got caught in a freak snowstorm and was late arriving in Skagway. NCL did provide transportation to get them back on the ship - but it was the next afternoon after the ship had done Glacier Bay.

I just got off my 2nd cruise in a studio cabin. I turned 35 on the cruise. I was definitely one of the youngest. There were a few that were younger than me, but most were in their 40s - 60s. I found this to be the case on both sailings.

Did you find that people mingled and met new people enough though? Or was it definitely age specified (ie the 30's only talked with other 30's.. etc)?

And other poster (sorry I forgot the screen name) thanks for sharing the post about Glacier Bay.

Really? You can order more than one appetizer at a surcharge restaurant? Can anyone confirm this? (I've been stressing over how I'd choose between the escargot and the mushroom soup in Le Bistro)

Did you find that people mingled and met new people enough though? Or was it definitely age specified (ie the 30's only talked with other 30's.. etc)?

And other poster (sorry I forgot the screen name) thanks for sharing the post about Glacier Bay.

I met and mingled with all ages but ended up hanging out with people closer to my age.

Really? You can order more than one appetizer at a surcharge restaurant? Can anyone confirm this? (I've been stressing over how I'd choose between the escargot and the mushroom soup in Le Bistro)

Absolutely. I did on Thursday in Le Bistro. I got the 4 cones and the mushroom soup. Both were fantastic.

I went with a group of solos to le bistro last feb...not only did we have 3 to 4 appetizers and desserts each, they MIGHT have offered additional entrees when we couldnt decide....

I've sailed Royal Caribbean exclusively, but can you order multiple entrees for dinner, or get more than one if you're super hungry? Haha. We have done this a few times on RcCl..

In addition, what is the average age in the solo cabins if you've sailed? What is the age range?

Thank you!

Yes, you can order multiple entrees for dinner. I have done it a couple of times when the portion was modest.

Archived