Bringing Champagne/wine on board

I know RCI has a policy that does not allow bringing liquor on board...is it okay to bring a bottle of champagne or wine on embarkation? HAL lets you bring as much as you want and Carnival limits it to 2 bottles.

Liquor is alcohol and the policy is no alcohol.

I know RCI has a policy that does not allow bringing liquor on board...is it okay to bring a bottle of champagne or wine on embarkation? HAL lets you bring as much as you want and Carnival limits it to 2 bottles.

Champagne & Wine are liquor................

RCI sends documents detailing every single one of their policies which are some of the tightest Ive ever dealt with. No bringing ANYthing on- not even bottled water or canned soda.. nothing according to the docs. Personally I find that lame- but this is my first time on RCI so we'll see if how great they are cancels out this tiny peeve.

I booked months ago and RC didn't send ANY docs to me at all and I leave in a week. JUST LUGGAGE stickers. I guess you could call them luggage tags but I would only call it a sticker. So if you didn't have a computer to read on your own about their policy you could pack it or carry it to the port building yourself and take your chances that it would make it on the ship.

Did RC send docs to any of you in the last 6 months? Because if they are still sending docs out, mine got lost in the mail and so did the other couple's that is going.

I think they have gone green and don't waste paper anymore??

They haven't been sending out paper docs for a while. I believe if you pay for them you can still receive them. I'm guessing that they are expecting people would probably head to their website and read the "before you cruise" section over reading paper docs. Perhaps not a great assumption, but so much is online now, I can see how it would be a cost saver.

I booked months ago and RC didn't send ANY docs to me at all and I leave in a week. JUST LUGGAGE stickers. I guess you could call them luggage tags but I would only call it a sticker. So if you didn't have a computer to read on your own about their policy you could pack it or carry it to the port building yourself and take your chances that it would make it on the ship.

Did RC send docs to any of you in the last 6 months? Because if they are still sending docs out, mine got lost in the mail and so did the other couple's that is going.

I think they have gone green and don't waste paper anymore??

Actually, before you can print out your SetSail Pass, you have to check off that you have read the Contract.

If you choose not to read and just scroll to the bottom and check "accept", it's on you.

I'm talking about the folks that call and book and don't have a computer to read anything online. And yes, someone in our group does not have a computer and just phoned and booked and someone else that will be in the same room with them did the online stuff for them but they could have waited and done it once they got to the port.

Still amazing that some folks don't have a computer and don't want one. Gee, they are missing out on boards like this.

"Liquor is alcohol and the policy is no alcohol." and

People that do not know that should actually be keep away from the stuff anyway :D

Good work on trying to make people feel stupid, but in reality...it is you.

liq·uor

noun

1. a distilled or spirituous beverage, as brandy or whiskey, as distinguished from a fermented beverage, as wine or beer.

Distinguished. Meaning different. Good work smarties. That is why some places have a Liquor license and other can just sell wine & beer.

Yes, I have been on this board a little bit today and am just tired of people trying to make other people feel stupid.They asked a question. A simple "beer and wine are included in the policy" would have been sufficient. Not a smart remark or even a joke, perhaps I am frustrated from reading so many snarky posts today, esp. when people are asking simple questions.

Yes, I have been on this board a little bit today.... perhaps I am frustrated from reading so many snarky posts today, esp. when people are asking simple questions.

I hear you. Sorry you are having a bad day. :( Perhaps I could pour you a distilled or spirituous beverage? :)

Yes, unfortunately, RCI allows nothing. Cruise critic has a great list w/ what other line limitations are. Most do allow a bottle of wine, and will charge corkage fee if taken to dinner. We were recently on a new years eve RCI cruise, at least they did give out complimentary glasses of champagne at midnight.....otherwise, the cheapest bottle of champagne was 50+dollars....I also find it so true, as read in other blogs, that the low price wine is always out...which, I experienced as well when asking for a 7dollar glass of wine....so, then of course, I had the 10 dollar glass...which is excessive, as it was a small glass and I am sure the whole bottle didn't even cost 10 dollars. Well anyway, IMO, I believe a bottle of wine should be allowed per person, I can see that those bringing gallons of booze is a different story....I just happen to like a glass of wine in my room as I get dressed for dinner.

actually...Carnival allows ONE bottle per person in your party

but Royal does not allow you to bring any liquor onboard at anytime and they will take it from you..rarely some will get through but plan on it not..last time my Uncle had 2 bottles of Scotch not only get confiscated BUT poured out in front of him ! its not their responsibility to keep things and make sure you get them back at the end of the cruise..they say dont bring it..means dont bring it

they have REALLY cracked down on this lately !

Some people get it, some do not, thanks for your understanding:)

In my post I did put the Grinning face, to indicate humour, unfortunately some people have their computer screens upside down, so it looks like a frown.

And Yes that is also a joke.

Wow. Feel better now? Good grief. That was really uncalled for.

ChipLondon's reply was a joke. Gee. :(

You KNOW that your not allowed to bring liquor onboard. So why would you ask that question????:rolleyes:....K.K. Near Philly

Archived