Transfers from Port Fort Lauderdale to MIa

beachfanatic

Does anyone have information on cost of transfers from Fort Lauderdale (Constellation) to MIA airport? Also, can they be purchased on ship?

Hi, 29.00. Yes, you can purchase them on the ship and they will charge

it to your on board account. Or, you can buy them ahead of time on

line/over the phone. If you booked directly with Celebrity you can

have them do it but if you booked through a Travel Agent? Have them

do it for you.

Does anyone have information on cost of transfers from Fort Lauderdale (Constellation) to MIA airport? Also, can they be purchased on ship?

I just did this in Dec

Paid £60 for me and Missus each way.

However because Miami customs took 2HOURS to process immigration, after a 10 hour flight, the coach had gone without us.

yes that is TWO hours between getting off the plane and collectin our baggage at MIAMI INTERNATIONAL USELESS AIRPORT

Why? because everyone had to touch the scanner with their left hand, right hand and answer a few questions.

Either people don't know what left and right is or the immigration staff are completely useless at moving 35 lines of passengers quickly.

GO to Heathrow Terminal five and you are out in minutes.

Cost $85 plus tip by taxi to get from MIA to hotel in FLL

Fortunately Celebrity admitted they should have send out another coach and refunded all costs when we boarded.

That's about $60 per couple on a bus. You can get a private car for about $119, including tip, which for me was money really well spent.

qualitylimoservice.net is what I've used.

Ppl used to recommend SAS but they've now limited their service between MIA and FLL, so you could check w/ ridesas.com

Hi Mr Fixit2010

We travel in March and transfer to FLL so concerned at your remarks, so any tips following your experience or do we just queue patiently ? (2 hours to get our left and right sorted I suppose....!!)

At least travelling day before so no risk of missing the Ship, but would prefer the time in FL than in a queue at the airport.

Thank You.

I would like to add that although we experienced a 2 hour queue in MIA, (and it was a couple of days before the cruise), other people we spoke to on the ship had a quicker time.

Also this was a week before Christmas when all the incoming flights were full and the airport couldn't handle say 4 flights that had landed in one go.

You can't argue or shout at these people as they just haul you out and make you wait longer. Fortunately most of the Brits gravitated to one general area and got on with it, because if there is one thing we Brits are good at, its standing in line for ages.

Just felt when you get up at 6am leave at 7am get to the airport for 10am for a flight that was meant to be at 1.20pm which was delayed untill 2.30pm and arrived in MIA nearly 11 hours later (1.30am home time). Then waited 2 hours to pass through immigration, 3.30am, collected our baggage, found our meeting place and discovered we were too late. Then called Celebrity 24 assistance who said find a taxi and get a receipt, then actually finding one at that time and taking a 30min ride across town. We arrived at our hotel at what was to us 5.00am, or midnight local time. We just collapsed in a heap. Fortunately the hotel provided us with 2 kingsize beds so for once we took a bed each and slept for about 10 hours straight.

Personally if I ever go from FLL again I will sail there first ;). Has put me off air travel and long haul flights especially.

I just used SAS Transportation in December. They did an excellent job and the cost was $15. per person. Go to their website and check it out, they are based out of Fort Lauderdale.

We used SAS for the 2nd time in December and they were efficient and courteous. A great value.

In December we took a cruise on the Oasis also based in Fort Lauderdale. To get from our Miami hotel to the ship we used Go Shuttle it was $22 per person. From the ship to MIA we bought the ship transfers $27pp - the buses were right outside the terminal. I am not sure how often they leave.

Just leave enough time to get though MIA. We flew American Airlines, the lines were long and there are 2 sections for domestic flights (with international checkin in between). And don't count on the American Airlines personnel to send you to the right place. Double check before getting in a long line.

Archived