Crown & Anchor minor question

I know that a minor child living with you attains your status.

We just reached diamond and our son was on that cruise with us.

He is no longer a minor but still lives with us.

Does he still keep our status since he still lives with us?

My husband gets to keep my diamond status even though he didn't cruise all the time with me so why not our son?

I can't find anything that states one way or the other. Our travel agent called C&A and they said no he reverts to his own status which means he is not diamond.

Needless to say he is disappointed.

I will call to inquire again if anyone has had success with this.

Thanks for any help.

Denise

I know that a minor child living with you attains your status.

We just reached diamond and our son was on that cruise with us.

He is no longer a minor but still lives with us.

Does he still keep our status since he still lives with us?

My husband gets to keep my diamond status even though he didn't cruise all the time with me so why not our son?

I can't find anything that states one way or the other. Our travel agent called C&A and they said no he reverts to his own status which means he is not diamond.

Needless to say he is disappointed.

I will call to inquire again if anyone has had success with this.

Thanks for any help.

Denise

Well Denise, I had an answer but have since removed it because after using the Search Function I found too many variations in answers. I would call C&A on Monday myself and inquire.

I believe, and somebody please correct me if I am wrong, but once a child reaches the age of 18, they start to earn and establish their own status no matter if they still live with you.

Correct..but some confusion as to when they actually started enforcing this..May have been during the new cruise credit vs cruise point system..Luckily our adult children shared our status for quite some time while adding to theirs so by the time it was enforced they were already D and now well on their way to D+....

Correct..but some confusion as to when they actually started enforcing this..May have been during the new cruise credit vs cruise point system..Luckily our adult children shared our status for quite some time while adding to theirs so by the time it was enforced they were already D and now well on their way to D+....

Thanks for posting. You caught my post which I have since edited because of the confusing answers that I found.:o

I have a feeling the the rules did change after they went from cruise credits to cruise points. That is where the confusion comes in.

Here is the link from June of 2011 after the change from cc to cp that I found that really had me thinking Daughter Turing Diamond Before Parents..

Thanks for posting. You caught my post which I have since edited because of the confusing answers that I found.:o

I have a feeling the the rules did change after they went from cruise credits to cruise points. That is where the confusion comes in.

Here is the link from June of 2011 after the change from cc to cp that I found that really had me thinking Daughter Turing Diamond Before Parents..

Thanks for the link.

I think the confusion may be that we turned diamond while we was 19.

I will call any way. It can't hurt.

I do know it depends on who you talk to what kind of answer you get.

Denise

My son reverted to his own status when he turned 18, even though he still lived at home.

Poor baby will have to make it to D+ on his own.

;)

Hey, MM, when did this happen?

I'm asking because in early 2009 I fought the good fight to get my two son's and DIL reinstated back to their Diamond status after our family cruise. They bumped them down to Gold based on credits, and I had to call and tell them I had the original welcome letter in my hand from 2001, showing all four of us as Diamond. Then, DIL inherits son's status.

Just wondering if they changed this to minors only sometime since.

Well, he turned 18 in 2006.

He sailed for the first time on his own in 2010, and found out that he was "merely" Diamond. He argued with them, but they wouldn't budge.

You know, I'd still call and act "surprised" that you suddenly found out about this. My line of reasoning was how could someone be a certain status for years, and then suddenly not be? I can understand earning back up to the appropriate points to make the next level, but to "demote" anyone who's had a previous higher status is unethical. I don't care how old they are.

Well, he turned 18 in 2006.

He sailed for the first time on his own in 2010, and found out that he was "merely" Diamond. He argued with them, but they wouldn't budge.

Just curious.....................Were you D or D+ when your son turned 18?

This just happened to us...We were on the Dec 29th cruise and didn't notice this right away but my son's seapass card had stated platinum in error...He is 19...He has been a diamond for years (3 or 4) ...ANyway, I went to guest relations and they told me that at 18 the minors revert back to their "true" level ( off parent's coat tails) ...I told them that my son was a diamond by his own right...they checked it and said indeed he was ( seemed surprised I wasn't trying to pull something over on them ) and reissued his seapass card...At first they were sticklers about this and tried to give me "the line" So in his case..he was not stripped of his level...They gave him his coupon book and welcome gift..so that's the story...

Bee

Archived