Back to Back Cruises - Same Departure Port, Different Cruiseline

NCTribeFan

Yes, I've started a couple of strange threads lately. :p

Still trying to get my SooperDooper 60th Birthday cruise plans settled.

Originally was going to do a b2b2b on Destiny to get 14 days and a stop at HMC, but my friend who was going to join me for one leg can't find any reasonable airfare - at all - to Miami and doesn't want to deal with flying to another airport and getting a shuttle.

So I had decided I'd go solo on Celebrity to Hawaii (at less than if I did the 3 Destiny cruises thanks to 150% solo supplement).

Well, she called this morning and we started looking at shorter cruises from Port Canaveral, probably on Ecstasy.

I thought maybe I'd just to a B2B, but can't see the point in two consecutive cruises that just go to Nassau and Freeport, and the later ones would clash with Thanksgiving week travel, and I'm sure would jack up the airfare.

Even considered sailing from Tampa and renting a car to drive across to Port C, but I'm too lazy.

But I could sail on RCI's Monarch and, since I can't seem to arrange things so I can return to HMC yet again (it would be stop #6 there), getting to visit CocoCay might be a good substitute. Yes, I'd have to stay in an inside cabin on Monarch that would be about 120 sq ft. Good thing I would be solo. Yes, I know she's an older ship. That doesn't matter to me. It will be nice to try RCI again. It's been a long time and I really enjoyed my one cruise on little, old Empress.

Has anyone done a B2B where they transfer from one cruiseline to another? I'm sure it can be done, but just wondering about the logistics. I know it's a big port and just don't remember or recall seeing where the different terminals are for the different cruiselines.

I would think I would just need to get a cab from one to the other. Has anyone sailed both lines and remember which terminals they use?

OK, found an interactive map at the Port's website. Monarch uses the same terminal (CT10) as Dream, but Ecstasy uses CT3, which is quite a ways away. Maybe I should just contact the port and see what they have to say.

I would consider upgrading. Check out category "I" which is on deck 8, and obstructed OV. I like it because its deck 8 and cheaper than being on the bottom deck.

I've often found category I, for only $20 more pp .. and did this twice and once inside. I said never again inside. I feel for the small amount, the window and location is well worth the upgrade or I would not do it.... unless it was so super cheap. Since you are already there .. walk to the other port. It cant be that far. I do travel light though. Save the cab fare and tip and upgrade.

Joan, we are doing something like this - Monarch then Disney Magic.

A similar question was posed on the departures board. Responses indicated that though the distance between the terminals may be walkable, the problem would be no sidewalks/place to walk safely on the roads connecting the terminals.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1523962&highlight=canaveral

An option is using Cocoa Beach Taxi's "pay what you want" service -

http://www.cocoabeachtaxiservice.com/ -

We will be leaving our car at a park and cruise hotel. We can take the shuttle back to the hotel after the first cruise, then purchase another set of shuttle passes for the second cruise.

Will any of the Ecstasy sailings to HMC work for you and your friend?

We're just having a really difficult time getting things coordinated. That's why I had pretty much decided I'd just do the Hawaii cruise alone.

She's the person who got me started cruising - so this is all her fault!! :p

She came with me on my Elation cruise, after her 1st round fighting breast cancer.

Since then, she's been through round 2, and wants to cruise again, but she can't allocate much of her time off to vacation because she spend so much time visiting docs and having tests. Which is why we're rather limited in our choices. Being able to sail Thursday and return Monday means only 2 vacation days used.

It would be easiest to do B2B on Ecstasy. We're looking at the 11/15 sailing, so I could add the 11/10 and get HMC.

But it might be fun to sail on Monarch. Firefly, I'll check out your cabin recommendations. Thanks!

Archived