Adult Deck Topless ok or not??

paisley_17

I have seen many mixed reviews... Is it or is it not okay to go topless on the adult deck. I think it would be a really fun experience, :rolleyes: but I dont want to upset anyone... I am traveling on the Carnival Elation at the end of the month, I am thinking of going up there and if there are others join them ;) and if not I am out of luck :(....

• 1 month later...

There used to be a topless deck on Elation, at least when I sailed her in 2005. It was mainly full of dancers from the show and a few pax. By "full" I mean 8-10 people. I almost went up there but I couldn't get up the energy. Nothing at all wrong with it in my book.

Courts decided it was discrimination to allow topless men , and yet prevent women from being topless.

Reality is few women feel comfortable walking thur city topless, especially in Winter

Except if women are charging money, to view them topless, such as car washing, begging or offering street dancing, (tips are allowed?)

Yet law still bans men in resturants from wearing sleeve-less shirts, (unless they have shaved underarms and body hair)

To the best of my knowledge Carnival has phased out the "Funnel" deck topless sunbathing over the last few years on USA departures (it was never allowed in the Serenity areas to start w/). The Serenity area is supposed to be off limits to for use by anyone under 21, but on some ships it is visable to areas that contained the kids. Have heard rumors that Carnival does still have it on the Mediterranean departure cruises.

On the bright side there are ports that Carnival goes to that have excursions with access to European style beachs (all clothing is optional). Just go to the Carnival site and under search type in "European Sunbathing" to get the list of 9 excursions that get you to beaches that allow one to sunbath in a birthday suit. But keep in mind there is no age exclusions on these excursions and the particular side of the beach that is Euro style may include "observers" of all ages.

Archived