grumpy posters

esimon

If you want to meet a real Clampett, that would be my husband-- no indoor plumbing, little electricity, 1 pair of shoes per year in rural Arkansas growing up. I was the "rich" girl. But hopefully he has learned a few social graces. (and he has eaten at French Laundry as well as many other fine restaurants around the world).

And his manners are impeccable. We remember George, this very big man who took his hat off when introduced and was the acme of politeness.

Wow! Something I know. French Laundry is posh nosh. But I don't know the Clampetts.

I'm afraid I've never heard of the French Laundry :o but I do remember the Beverley Hillbillies from British TV in the 1960s! :o:o

Wendy the Wanderer, In general your posts are friendly and informative. A post such as you did about the French Laundry is not your normal style. I responded to baychilla in what I thought was a civilized fashion and to see your gratuitous remark disappointed me. The French Laundry for your information is considered to be one of the best restaurants in the world as are the other two I have referenced in my posts. The French Laundry is in Yountville CA, the other two in NYC. The point of my comments was to make a distinction between expecting that kind of service in Compass Rose and world class establishments. Obviously I didn't make myself clear. CR is an excellent restaurant and I don't feel it is appropriate to complain if it doesn't reach world class. Others may disagree.

Sorry. It's just one of my pet peeves when somebody drops the name of some place and expects everyone to know it, implying that it's somehow "august" or special.

I do try to keep my posts civil, but sometimes I get a bit peevish.

Very rarely have ever had to ask for a refill of my wine glass on any regent ship, and this is in 10 cruises. Most times have ask NOT to have refills.

That's my position. I don't want to have to tell them, multiple times, *not* to pour me more wine. Bring water several times during the meal, please. By all means swing by with a wine bottle and catch my eye. But please don't serve me just a single glass of water when I am first seated (which is gone in a minute) and then keep my wine glass full without my consent. Bit of a turnoff, frankly. But, I understand that I am in the minority; other folks like it that way, which is of course why they do it in the first place! They do want to please us.

hondorner, I suppose The Red Mill is rocket science

Beats me -- I did a Google search for Red Mill and found a museum, burger joint, whole grain store, operetta by Victor Herbert, gift shop, supper club in Wisconsin, an elementary school and apartment building, but no rockets...ooooh, wait, I think I get it, you were trying to put me down by referring to your local burger joints (which don't exist in my area). Good try! :rolleyes:

Beats me -- I did a Google search for Red Mill and found a museum, burger joint, whole grain store, operetta by Victor Herbert, gift shop, supper club in Wisconsin, an elementary school and apartment building, but no rockets...ooooh, wait, I think I get it, you were trying to put me down by referring to your local burger joints (which don't exist in my area). Good try! :rolleyes:

Rereading this thread, I am thinking this person is a troll. You aren't the only one he has gone after. Just because this thread is titled grumpy posters doesn't mean we have to lower ourselves to that level.

I don't think hondorner is a troll. The Red Mill is english for Le Moulin Rouge. My objection was to his calling the French Laundry a silly name when it had basis in fact. I, therefore, called him out for fun.

Hondorner is not the troll, that's for sure. Sorry if that is what my post may have implied. I am always amused when people don't see themselves clearly! Didn't sound like fun to me!

I gathered so much useful info from CC posts prior to my Paul Gauguin cruise last year that I returned hoping to repeat the experience prior to my upcoming Regent cruise. After perusing this FIVE PAGE thread of - - don't even know what to call it - - I'm so disappointed.

Kuikahi, probably not the right thread for you to peruse, given the subject! Maybe start another thread if you have a coming Regent cruise? Or just ask here, and you may get some great answers that others won't read due to the "topic"

Well who is then?

Wendy, you've got to read the posts. Now I know why I get attacked from time to time. I think people only skim these posts without really reading them. Maybe this is going to teach me to have a thicker skin, like the rest of you!!

Here is your clue...who gave a one liner to agree with the person who told you to chill. And, there were other posts from below the bridge to a couple of others, including Horndorner.

I'm finding this thread quite funny and not nearly as grumpy as some others. Must admit that I have never heard of the French Laundry. After reading the menu online, it isn't a dining establishment that we would go out of our way to visit. Still, there will always be posters who enjoy debating everything written on CC. Some CC members get upset if the same question is asked more than once and others if someone says too many positive or negative things about Regent. The best thing is not to take this stuff too seriously;)

I'm finding this thread quite funny and not nearly as grumpy as some others. Must admit that I have never heard of the French Laundry. After reading the menu online, it isn't a dining establishment that we would go out of our way to visit. Still, there will always be posters who enjoy debating everything written on CC. Some CC members get upset if the same question is asked more than once and others if someone says too many positive or negative things about Regent. The best thing is not to take this stuff too seriously;)

Right on, TC...folks would likely understand my posts a little better if I could find an emoticon with his tongue firmly in cheek :cool:.

{Edit} Found one! tongueincheek.gif

Archived