Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six on Priceline

missmacie

Thank you , Blue Herons. I haven't figured out why some here are so worried about this property. And act like they will be assigned the room of gloom in some urban hell hole.

Unclean rooms continue to rule the topic. And like you and I have said...No one is expected to live in dirt. Get it remedied before accepting the room. What is so difficult?

Have you been to this property and can give an accurate report of the facilities, staff cooperation or the room? If not, your generalizations about handling hotels and room dissatisfaction is not the information that is sought. Thanks anyway.

Really? ALL the rooms are crappy? :rolleyes: What are you expecting?

Again, if you don't like the view, the bldg. you are in, the size of the room etc. there is no way to change that...when you book thru PL. (unless you want to pay an add on at registration and then only will you get it if the rooms are vacant) The hotel will put you in a standard room. Not a room with a premium $$$ on it. If the room is dirty...and I'm not tallking dust on the top of a window valance.... then ask for the room to be cleaned. People use priceline to save money on rooms that sell for much more. I'd guess there will be people on your floor who paid at least twice as much as you for the standard room.

As I have said in past threads, we use pl enough to know we can be put in the older non- updated rooms OR we could get a newer room with view, or even be put in a suite. Never know. But we have never had a room that couldn't have been cleaned if it wasn't ready for us.

Speak up people.

I hope some of you come back here with an accurate report of your PL room and if you were unhappy with cleanliness, what you did to get the matter rectified. Now THAT will be helpful for the doubters or inexperienced travelers.

I'm expecting a valid report from people that have stayed at this resort and been put in the non-tower rooms, not a lecture on what to expect when booking on Priceline. Those who are interested are looking for specific information related to this hotel and the motel-like rooms. Unless you have actual knowledge, your response is not helpful.

Have you been to this property and can give an accurate report of the facilities, staff cooperation or the room? If not, your generalizations about handling hotels and room dissatisfaction is not the information that is sought. Thanks anyway.

I HAVE been to this hotel. We had friends that stayed in the "so called" PL room location. Saw their room. None of us saw conditions in the room that would make us freak. Did it have granite counter tops and updated faucets...nope. In comparison to the deluxe rooms, yes it was lacking in design. But so are levels of rooms in most other nice hotels. That's why some hotels have 3 or 4 room rates.

Did I go around looking for dust, mold on the grouting or whatever, no. But I DID use the bathroom and it was clean. Towels were fine, soaps wrapped etc. We headed off to the bar from there which was nice. Sat at the pool for a while. Never gave the room a second thought. Our friends paid very low numbers for their two night stay and enjoyed the amenities and location of the hotel. No mention to us of a "crappy room." They got a great value.

At any hotel, "Staff Cooperation" is often dependent on the complaint (reasonable ie: no working air conditioning vs unreasonable ie: rust on the balcony railing) and how it is presented. AND to whom a guest presents the complaint.

Any hotel review will have some folks complaining of a "rude" desk clerk and the very next review will have someone raving about how helpful the desk clerks were. Should make eveyone who reads reviews on TA to take them all with a grain of salt. And remember the number of people who review is a tiny percentage of the guests. BTW ..many people make it a habit to LOOK for something wrong. ( Especially if they are looking to get something free in return.) Weigh both sides of reviews and find a happy medium.

I am not trying to lecture. Only to assuage the fear that some posters have re the hotel. Please come on back and help others with your review after your stay.:)

Wow, this got slightly out of hand. Considering I was asking for reassurance from those who have stayed in the hotel [particularly booking with Priceline] after reading the reviews.

I've said it before and i'll say it again - I'm fine with a very basic, clean room. My issue was NOT with the view, the building or the size of the rooms. The only reason I mentioned the building was because almost all of the negative reviews that I read were from people that stayed in the 3 story building and not the main tower. I don't need anything fancy and for the price that I paid, I wouldn't expect it either. I have no issue requesting that a room be cleaned if necessary but from the reviews that I read the hotel staff were not very helpful. I'll also be the first to agree that people are more apt to write negative reviews than positive ones when it comes to online reviews which is why I was looking for other CC members experiences with this particular hotel.

In the end, it is ONLY one night and if it's that unbearable [and i'm not some sort of hotel snob by any means], we will find a new hotel to stay at. The Hyatt is a reputable company so I'm hoping for the best.

Anyways, those of you that had helpful reviews & advice, thanks for taking the time to reply. I really appreciate it.

I'm expecting a valid report from people that have stayed at this resort and been put in the non-tower rooms, not a lecture on what to expect when booking on Priceline. Those who are interested are looking for specific information related to this hotel and the motel-like rooms. Unless you have actual knowledge, your response is not helpful.

I feel the same way. I also note that there is a difference between "hysteria" and genuine concern from inexperienced travellers and/or PL'ers based on a pattern of negative reviews. Frankly, I am certain that some who have responded on this thread have not bothered to read the reviews in question that are causing such concern - perhaps in favour of posting haughty responses to make themselves feel superior. The main theme seems to be that a Motel 6 would be preferable to the treatment some have received at this particular Hyatt.

For me, a couple hundred bucks is a lesson learned and not worth fretting over for the next three months; nor am I willing to risk beginning my hard-earned vacation with a fight over basic hygiene and hospitality with a hotelier. I attempted to contact the hotel to discuss booking a paid upgrade to a tower room at full price (a request I think was more than reasonable) and found the clerk rude and dismissive; when I contacted the main reservation line, there was nothing they could do to assist. I can't imagine that it would go much better if I waited until the day of arrival, bags in hand. That exchange sealed the deal - I would rather swallow the fee, book elsewhere and have piece of mind, which I have done.

Like I said, lesson learned - and you can bet the same principle will be applied to posting genuine questions and responses here on the CC forum for others to belittle and patronize, as well.

Have to agree that this has been an amusing thread. My son is a Hyatt manager (not at this location) and I do know that Hyatt takes guest satisfaction very seriously. Those that are booked and worried about room condition, if you don't like the room, simply ask to be moved, if the desk person won't help, speak to a manager. Out of curiosity, I asked him about putting PL customers in undesirable rooms and he said he has never heard of that. The front desk people simply grab an available room off of the system when you check in. I've stayed at lots of Hyatt hotels (the Hyatt Place locations in FLL are great) and now I'm thinking I may try to book this one for our upcoming cruise in April just to see what all the fuss is about!

We are at the hotel right now. It is a nice hotel with a lovely pool area. If a tower room is available (week-ends in jan/Feb it is unlikely) you can pay a supplement of $40 a night for it. Spoke to a lady today who has one of the rooms overlooking the pool and she is very happy with it. No complaints at all. Every single staff member we have had dealings with has been unfailingly polite, friendly and helpful. So now, all you folk worrying about staying here, stop right now. Theres nothing wrong with this property. We have always stayed at the Ren but actually prefer the Hyatt now we have tried it.

We are at the hotel right now. It is a nice hotel with a lovely pool area. If a tower room is available (week-ends in jan/Feb it is unlikely) you can pay a supplement of $40 a night for it. Spoke to a lady today who has one of the rooms overlooking the pool and she is very happy with it. No complaints at all. Every single staff member we have had dealings with has been unfailingly polite, friendly and helpful. So now, all you folk worrying about staying here, stop right now. Theres nothing wrong with this property. We have always stayed at the Ren but actually prefer the Hyatt now we have tried it.

Thank you!! :)

We have stayed at Hyatt Pier 66 for over 20 years and have never had a dirty room. We certainly would not continue to stay pre and post cruise over 35 or more stays if we weren't satisfied. We only stayed in Lanai Room once and while the room was fine (this was some years ago), I asked to not stay there in the future as we love the Tower View of Port Everglades. The rooms cost more but the sight of the ships sailing in and out while we watch from our balcony is beautiful.

The public areas of this hotel are clean, comfortable and the grounds are beautiful Huge several section pool and acres of gardens/marina/tennis courts to enjoy

Dinner at The Grille on the hotel's property is very, very good. Lunch at pool patio is relaxing and menu is more than adequate IMO Large bar with tv's if someone wants to watch a 'game'. Large nice bar in lobby where you can get food service. We always go out for dinner.... at the least to The Grille.

This is not a brand new hotel and I agree the rooms can use some updating/modernization but I have never once had bed or bath linens that weren't snowy white and replaced constantly. The beds are comfy and crisply clean bed linens.

Breakfast Room is adequate..... not as good as it used to be IMO but they lowered the price in order to satisfy complainers who thought the price too high for the really wonderful breakfast menu they used to offer. Weekend mornings there is an omelette station and if that is not operating, order from the waiter whatever eggs you want at no extra charge about the standard breakrfast.

Wow, this got slightly out of hand. Considering I was asking for reassurance from those who have stayed in the hotel [particularly booking with Priceline] after reading the reviews.

I've said it before and i'll say it again - I'm fine with a very basic, clean room. My issue was NOT with the view, the building or the size of the rooms. The only reason I mentioned the building was because almost all of the negative reviews that I read were from people that stayed in the 3 story building and not the main tower. I don't need anything fancy and for the price that I paid, I wouldn't expect it either. I have no issue requesting that a room be cleaned if necessary but from the reviews that I read the hotel staff were not very helpful. I'll also be the first to agree that people are more apt to write negative reviews than positive ones when it comes to online reviews which is why I was looking for other CC members experiences with this particular hotel.

In the end, it is ONLY one night and if it's that unbearable [and i'm not some sort of hotel snob by any means], we will find a new hotel to stay at. The Hyatt is a reputable company so I'm hoping for the best.

Anyways, those of you that had helpful reviews & advice, thanks for taking the time to reply. I really appreciate it.

Ditto.

I was wondering the same thing. I am trying to assure us a free upgrade to avoid the other building.

Here is what I did:

1. join hyatt gold.

2. add your reservation to hyatt gold

3. email hyatt gold customer service about a free upgrade for being hyatt gold

4. if that fails, I will call the hotel

5. if that fails, I may end up calling hotwire (or priceline for you) with my concerns.

the recent reviews scare me as well!

Do you also know if the smoothies advertised in the pool section are free? The website makes it sound like they are

No free upgrade - Hyatt Gold or not. I know, we are at the hotel right now. An upgrade to a tower room costs $40 per night. We are Hyatt Gold.

No free upgrade - Hyatt Gold or not. I know, we are at the hotel right now. An upgrade to a tower room costs $40 per night. We are Hyatt Gold.

And this is only if the hotel manager has the availbility of a tower room that he/she is willing to sell at an upcharge. Rates and availibility are dependent on time of check in and vacancies/bookings. It is purely the law of supply and demand.

And this is only if the hotel manager has the availbility of a tower room that he/she is willing to sell at an upcharge. Rates and availibility are dependent on time of check in and vacancies/bookings. It is purely the law of supply and demand.

Exactly, and as I said previously, week-ends in peak season even paid upgrades will be hard to come by. When we arrived there were a lot of people staying pre-cruise who were with Silverseas. As far as I could tell they seemed to be in the pool rooms but I could be wrong. If this hotel is good enough for someone going on a 6* cruise, it's certainly good enough for a PL user like me.

a lot of times on PL you will get the older parts of the hotel just know that going in. its still a bargain, If you are going to be particular then PL is not for you

Have used PL and Hotwire many times and have never yet had a room in a poor location. Not saying it doesn't happen, it just hasn't happened to us.

Have used PL and Hotwire many times and have never yet had a room in a poor location. Not saying it doesn't happen, it just hasn't happened to us.

I agree! I've used Priceline and Hotwire well over 100 times and the number of poor rooms I've received is minimal.

Last year I won a Four Star Resort property in Phoenix, and after staying there I rated the property three stars on the exit survey from Priceline; in addition, I indicated that there were so many great four star properties I could have won. They called me and wanted all the details; soon after that the property no longer showed up on Priceline's list of possible hotels. Let Priceline know if you were not treated well, or if you think the hotel is over rated. They will follow up!

PS -- I've stayed at the Hyatt Pier sixty six a couple of times and it's always been over-rated, but I never received a dirty, unacceptable room.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Flame away please!. I have stayed twice at this hotel and I won't be going back, first visit was back in 2008 and it was just OK, the front desk clerk told me at check out the rooms we had were going to be renovated. I was told this after complaining about the water stains in the bathtub and sink. So when I booked this hotel again I thought I'd be seening something different.

There's no way any of the lanai/pool rooms have been renovated. The pics on TA even show this. What gets people upset is if you are paying 175 a night you'll get a cheap room in the outer (lanai) buildings which are OK, but resemble nothing close to the atmosphere in the lobby and you begin to feel you've been short changed. and strat to look at things differently. The Hilton Marnia right accross the bridge has similar rates and thier rooms are in overall much better shape.

You'll notice that TA reviews are consistent about Tower rooms. You should be OK in one of those rooms. The general upkeep of this hotel is not consistent with a Hyatt Regency standards, the grounds look OK but when you walk outside your room and find piles of dirty towels and lines blocking the away you can understand why people would get upset. There are certain expectations you have of a Hyatt.

Just reporting in. We checking in at the Hyatt Pier 66 today after booking on Priceline. No, we didn't get a tower room. We are in one of the lanai rooms on the second floor overlooking the yachts on the waterway. The room is fine. Yes, it is a little old and could use a little bit updating, but the sheets are clean, the bed is comfortable, the carpet is clean and the bathroom is large and clean. Was a bit concerned about the sliding patio door because it didn't have a lock on it, but there is a security bar to be used. I suspect that some of the people that complained about the patio doors not locking did not look for the security bar. I'm happy with the room. Oh, and by the way, I'm on the FREE internet on my laptop in the room. For those that booked on Priceline and are content with a clean room, you'll be fine.

Just reporting in. We checking in at the Hyatt Pier 66 today after booking on Priceline. No, we didn't get a tower room. We are in one of the lanai rooms on the second floor overlooking the yachts on the waterway. The room is fine. Yes, it is a little old and could use a little bit updating, but the sheets are clean, the bed is comfortable, the carpet is clean and the bathroom is large and clean. Was a bit concerned about the sliding patio door because it didn't have a lock on it, but there is a security bar to be used. I suspect that some of the people that complained about the patio doors not locking did not look for the security bar. I'm happy with the room. Oh, and by the way, I'm on the FREE internet on my laptop in the room. For those that booked on Priceline and are content with a clean room, you'll be fine.

Thanks so much for the update :) can't wait until it's our turn to cruise!! enjoy!!

That's reassuring to hear. Thanks for letting us all know! Can you post any pics of your lanai room?

I won this hotel thru PriceLine. When we checked into the hotel and they saw it was PL, this was the first time I was looked down on for having a PL reservation. They did put us into the two story "motel" It isn't 4* If you look at it as a seperate hotel, it is a good stay for the money. It was a long walk to our room pulling our bags. The velet service wouldn't allow us to use a cart.

For the price you are paying you are getting value for your $$$

I too stayed here pre-cruise on Jan. 15th. Got a room through priceline. Politely asked at checkin what the cost would be to upgrade to a tower room. I got a nice room on the 8th floor for $40 extra. Nice view of the intercoastal.

I wanted to let you know that the hubby and I just stayed there for 2 nights pre cruise. Initially we placed a bid on priceline and got it for a total of $85. Be aware that there is a charge of $20 for parking your car. We booked the room for the night prior to our cruise for the 7 Jan 2012. We ended up placing another bid later on for an additional night on the 6th Jan 2012 and lucked out by getting the Hyatt again....the bid on that was a total of $109.

Like you I had read the trip advisor etc about the concerns on the other rooms. I had called the hotel prior to see if I could get an upgrade to the tower rooms but they stated that they could not do that until the day you checked in. As soon as we got there (which was earlier than check in time we requested a tower room. They had them but it was an additional $40 per night. We were given a tower room on the 13th floor faceing the East where there was a stunning view of canals/bridge and the port. We LOVED it! The room was very nice. They have muti million dollar yatchs that are interesting to look at but the bonus was the water taxi that you get on right there on the property which will take you to different parts along the canal. The price runs $20 pp all day or $10 pp after 5pm. It was wonderful to look at all of the homes along the canal as well as being able to have the freedom to get on or off the taxi as many times as you want. There are several taxis along the way.

I do have to say that it can be a little pricey to buy snacks or dinner inside the hotel. There is a resturant right next to the water taxi area that has some pretty good food there and the prices would be what you would expect.

The service was excellent at this hotel. In the morning we had the bellman hold our bags for us while we ate breakfast and tipped accordingly for doing so. I can't speak for the the other rooms but the rooms in the tower were wonderful. :D

Archived